Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now

VINE VOICEon 13 March 2006
This book is a must buy, for any quilter who does not have hours to spend sewing! It gives the look of tradional patterns but in half the time. Easy and clear instructions make it a joy to work from. There is a DVD/video by the same name, which is just as good. Think this would be a great aid for a new patchworker or for more experienced. It must be the one of the best books I have ever got on the subjuct, get it today !
on 16 November 2009
Being fairly new to patchwork I found this book most helpful and I am looking forward to progressing through the book and making the more difficult quilts.
It is quite straight forward to follow, the templates and ideas are most welcome. I would recommend this book especially if you are new to patchwork.
on 27 August 2010
This book has all you need to make two sampler quilts plus more. Cardboard templates for four of them. Places where to buy things not in this country, via internet...have already ordered mine. The method for Double Wedding Ring is really very good...as is Dresden Plate, I have seen this done before.
on 28 April 2011
Having seen this lady on TV 18 months ago I have become totally consumed by quilting.This is the first book I've bought of hers and find it so wonderful.This book is so clear and defined with instructions and push out templates that I'm in the final stages of compleating my double wedding ring quilt. Not only is she so precise with all aspects she shows you how to achieve marvellous results with so less hassle,and as an added bonus she includes personal details and recipes.having seen books of this nature at the quilt shows the prices were always prohibitive to me as a pensioner,then I saw this book at Amazon at a really good discount. No contest I ordered that day and received it before breakfast next morning.a wonderful service,Thank you so much.
This is a brilliant book for any quilter beginner or otherwise. The layout is very colourful with clear step by step instructions throughout. Eleanor Burns quirky sense of humour shows through in this wonderful book, she even includes a couple of recipes for burnt sugar cake and Lemon and Raisin Scones.

The designs are superb and yardage is given for everything from wallhangings to Twin, Queen and King size quilts. There are cardboard templates at the back of the book which simply slot out for easy use and a couple of full size tear out patterns. The book is spiral bound which makes it easier to keep open at a particular page.

A Fabulous book for any quilter.
on 3 April 2013
This is such a good book, probably her best one ever. There is so much variety in the designs, colour pictures and ideas. The fact that you can use the book whilst you are working helps a lot, the spiral bound edge means that you can keep the book open easily and refer to it as you sew. I own several of her books and this is my favourite one now, it has given me a lot of inspiration for designs and making one of the sampler quilts. Great book and every quilter should seriously consider giving it a place in their personal library.
on 7 June 2015
I bought this book and made the quilt for my cousin for a big birthday. The blocks are fairly easy to follow and make and YouTube has videos made by Eleanor of the blocks. Great book and I am very pleased with the quilt I made.
on 20 January 2013
perfect,just what i needed.it is a realy helpfull , gives great tips and ideas for quilting. any quilter would love it.
on 4 February 2015