The Essential Guide to SQL Statement Optimization
Written by Oracle ACE Director and MySQL expert Ronald Bradford, Effective MySQL: Optimizing SQL Statements is filled with detailed explanations and practical examples that can be applied immediately to improve database and application performances. Featuring a step-by-step approach to SQL optimization, this Oracle Press book helps you to analyze and tune problematic SQL statements.
- Identify the essential analysis commands for gathering and diagnosing issues
- Learn how different index theories are applied and represented in MySQL
- Plan and execute informed SQL optimizations
- Create MySQL indexes to improve query performance
- Master the MySQL query execution plan
- Identify key configuration variables that impact SQL execution and performance
- Apply the SQL optimization lifecycle to capture, identify, confirm, analyze, and optimize SQL statements and verify the results
- Improve index utilization with covering indexes and partial indexes
- Learn hidden performance tips for improving index efficiency and simplifying SQL statements
About the Author
Ronald Bradford is an Oracle ACE Director and MySQL Community Member of the Year. He is also the visionary force behind this series. Ronald is a respected industry expert with more than 20 years of experience in the relational database field, with 12 years of experience working with MySQL. He combines his extensive consulting expertise with numerous public speaking events at conferences worldwide. Ronald is the all-time top individual MySQL blogger and is co-author of Effective MySQL: Backup and Recovery.