Style Name: N300 wireless|Change
Price:£12.88 - £64.89

on 26 February 2011
I bought this to replace a Belkin card that I bought that would not install on Windows 7 64 bit. (See my Belkin n1 review for more details) This Edimax card went in, installed the drivers but would not connect. In Network and Sharing it showed as disabled and, no matter what I did, it would not allow itself to be enabled. Several emails to Edimax support later and trying various things, it suddenly started to work! It seems that Zone Alarm was somehow stopping the connection, even though it was shut down. The Customer support I had from Edimax was excellent, I was in touch with one tech who dealt with my emails with patience and understanding; I have never ventured into wireless networking before and didn't really know what I was doing. Anyway, after all the faffing about, the card works brilliantly with full signal strength. For the price paid, this card is excellent. The customer support is worth far more than five stars and is light years ahead of some other companies. This product is highly recommended not only because of the price and quality of the card, the customer service is quite simply the best I've come across and is worth ten stars. I'd have been really stuck without it!
on 23 July 2013
This card EW-7722PnD is exactly the same as Asus N53/300 wifi card (edimax build both cards in their factory from what I can suss including another called Rosewill in USA)

Anyway, card has full accelleration Ralink hardware chip onboard which still hangs onto a signal reading at 100(ie worst,weakest signal)

When you install this on Win 7 64bit,
- update driver and download direct from M/soft as they have a newer 2013 driver unobtainable from the Ralink website-Win Drivers section which works very well.

Beats any previous WIFI cards I have owned, including the older ralink chipped Linksys card - which I also think is great (with Ralink drivers - don't download anything from linksys website!)

You can usually buy this card cheaper - cos people don't know the Edimax brand-name in UK. I got it for £22.50
(If you hunt around you can buy these cards for £15.00 delivered in PCI version)

To sum up - no probs connecting to router, no disconections or drop outs (even when signal is reduced to almost nothing - it hangs on in there!

Fantastic card for my use!

(I returned some useless N15 Asus wifi cards (with hacked down realtec chips, which offload onto the cpu) causing all sorts of problems, dropped connection, no connection except with perfect signal etc)
55 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2012
I bought this card for it's (supposed) Win 7 and Linux compatibility. Linux works fine with non standard kernel driver (needs reinstalling every new kernel upgrade.) But Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit is another matter! Network will dive anywhere from half an hour to ten minutes after resume from sleep. Maybe it's my router? But I guess I'll never know. I contacted Edimax & got the silent treatment. Shame really, but avoid unless you have a Linux box only.
on 12 June 2014
So, on windows 8.1, this device will cause a bluescreen on boot. This can be worked around by booting into safe mode, installing the driver from there, then manually choosing the driver through device manager (it still picks the crash-y version if you don't)

Bigger problem, at 5GHz, this device is only compatible with channels 36-48, anything in the 60-140 range, also permitted in Europe, is unusable. For that reason, I strongly discourage purchasing this device if you intend to use wifi at 5GHz.
on 26 December 2010
I was very happy with this wireless adapter,no problem install it using windows xp, got 54 Mbps two rooms away and solid walls.Got full speed 15 megs as with my usb wireles pen I was only getting 8 megs.
VINE VOICEon 30 April 2013
We were about to switch to Infinity (FTTC) which meant the new router had to be connected to the main phone socket so I'd no longer be able to use an Ethernet cable to connect our 4 year old Win 7 (32 bit) PC to the router. So I thought I'd use an existing Powerline adapter for the network printer and switch the PC to wifi and ordered this Edimax product. Installing the card was easy and once I ran the setup software on the CD it connected to our wifi fine. But the next time I booted the PC it seemed to have frozen. Luckily I left it until after breakfast and it was working fine 15 minutes later. More investigation showed that it was the wifi connection that was making the PC spend over 10 minutes to boot up each time. I tried replacing the drivers that came on the product CD (old 3.0.7.0 ones) with the latest 3.4.1.0 Win 7 drivers I downloaded from the Edimax site. The card still worked but the PC still took forever to boot - quite unacceptable. I was also getting my internet connection dropped sporadically and sometimes the card would try connecting to our other wifi source at the other end of the house (a weak signal) rather than to the router one metre away. So I hated to think what might happen when there were two more distant wifi signals (same SSID but locked onto different channels) after the FTTC switchover. The Edimax picked up the adjacent router fine but its management utility showed other sources that are quite stong on my phone as weak so I doubt it would have been much good at picking up the new router down in the cellar. Then I got a really cheap deal on System Mechanic and that claimed to have fixed 1000+ registry problems. The PC did seem much spritelier and I got it booting and connecting to wifi within 2 minutes, once. False dawn - the next time the boot took over 10 minutes again, showing that 'doing something' animated circle for ages at the stage where it was trying to connect to wifi.

So I gave up and ordered an Ethernet switch instead. When it came I uninstalled and removed the Edimax card and now the printer and PC can share a Powerline internet connection via the switch - much neater and the PC now boots quickly. I should really send the Edimax card back but I just can't be bothered. I know the card didn't work in any usable way for me but I've had it more than a week and can't prove it's faulty. It was simply useless for me.
on 17 December 2011
It tells me I have 2 bars of signal while my laptop has full bars in the same place. This card is extremely temperamental. Sometimes it works just fine but then it will tell me that it has limited access even though every other electrical device can connect fine. It will then miraculously loose signal to every other router down my road causing me to wait as it systematically rediscovers them all. I constantly have to move the antennas to get a signal which causes them to become loose and I have to screw them back in again.
You should avoid at all costs.
on 15 March 2012
I bought this to upgrade from a TP-Link card in my desktop which worked okay but being a few years old was only 802.11g capable. As I have three 802.11n enabled laptops, I thought I'd upgrade the desktop card so they're all on 802.11n. Uninstalled the TP-Link card, took it out, put the Edimax in and fired up the desktop, running Win 7 64. Windows informed me it couldn't instal my new hardware, there's a surprise! I had already downloaded the latest driver from Edimax before I got the card anyway, ran the driver install only, not the software, as others have said, you don't need the software, the card installed straight away and is working fine. I now get an excellent signal and 65Mbps instead of the 54Mbps which I got on the 802.11g card. If I set the router to 20/40mz. I get 150Mbps on all the PC's. I don't set it there though as it can cause stability issues and 65Mbps is plenty good enough anyway, but the card is capable of it. All in all, a great wireless PCI card for just over a tenner.
Installation/setup was quick and easy. I just plugged it into a PCI slot, switched on and entered the key for my home network. The connection has been trouble-free so far. The only snag is that my daughter reports that it always initially tries to connect to a BTFon signal, so she has to connect it manually. It's pretty minor, and I can probably disable the BTFon. All in all, a good buy.
on 27 December 2012
I recently had a Super Hub off my service provider that should have provided me with a better wireless connection. The wireless card that was already fitted into my PC did not have WPA so I purchased the Edimax internet card for my PC. As it has already been stated here this wireless card is a pain to use. The internet connection starts and stops intermittently then stops altogether for a long time. My pc even tells me occasionally that this card does not exist on my PC and I have to re-install it. When I installed the drivers for this wireless card on my Windows XP a message informed me that I might have problems using the Edimax card with Windows on this PC and I should contact Edimax. My wirelss laptop (that does not have an Edimax internet card) works fine with my internet. I have owned this Edimax card for a Month and I have had enough of it now.

See one answered question