on 17 March 2009
This is one of the first textbooks that I can honestly use without too much modification in class. The information is clearly laid out & there are some innovative tasks for students to engage with the concepts & ideas. This book is so well written as it presents complex issues in a very simple fashion. For that the authors should be applauded!
on 3 November 2009
I bought this textbook because the textbook I was given by my school was unclear and over detailed. This however is very clear and set out in an easy to read way. The activites are very useful and it has been an invaluable tool to aid my A Level course. I highly recommend this textbook.
on 9 June 2009
Bought this to be used in revision for my AS Paper on the Russian Revolution and it was incredibly useful and detailed. All the information is laid out well and in a visually appealing way (even though it's a teacher's book primarily).
Buy this if you want to revise Stalin full stop!
on 22 February 2014
As the title have said, this is great if you want a brief and quick overview of Russian history during this period.

However, I've found it too simple for GCE history.
It is overly descriptive and narrative, lacks in critical analysis and would not recommend you quote these historians in an exam!

However, it is a good book if you want a foundation of knowledge to which you can build upon with more sophisticated books on Russian history
on 15 June 2010
This book really helped me during my A-levels. Not only does it break down the information clearly, it is well written and has lots of detail to help you get the best grade. Would really recommend if you are taking A-level history!
on 30 March 2014
I got an A with this book. its really precise and clear. its laid out well.Came as Described. Came exactly as described. Good packaging. Thumbs UP!!!! :) Will defo rate this seller :) :) :)
on 21 April 2013
Required for A Level History. I bought this for my son and he has used it a great deal this year. An essential part of his A Level History reading and revision.
on 16 October 2013
The book arrived within about 4 days and was in pristine condition-exceeded my expectations!!! Brilliant for my first year of studying a-levels!
on 4 May 2015
This is the best history revision guide available buy it now! of all the ones i have used i and my lecturer keep using this one
on 3 September 2015
perfect, bought to replace my one from college, couldn't ask for better, came really quickly and in great condition