Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis had a distinctive and instantly recognisable 'tough' style of playing the saxophone, which earned him his nickname. This performance from 1977 sees him teamed with a line up featuring Oscar Peterson on piano, Ray Brown on bass and Jimmie Smith on drums.
Norman Granz' Jazz in Montreux presents (DVD Video) Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis '77 - Restored and Remastered in PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS Surround Sound
- Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis had a distinctive and instantly recognisable 'tough' style of playing the saxophone which earned him his equally distinctive nickname. Long associated with Count Basie he also had a distinguished solo career. This performance from 1977 sees him teamed with a dream line up featuring Oscar Peterson on piano Ray Brown on bass and Jimmie Smith on drums who combine brilliantly to deliver an outstanding concert.
1. This Can't Be Love
2. I Wished On The Moon
3. The Breeze And I
4. Angel Eyes
6. Land Of Dreams
7. Blue Lou
- Original concert produced by Norman Granz
- Interview with Nat Hentoff filmed in New York, 17/06/2004 at the Village Voice
- Format: DVD 5
- Studio/Label: Eagle Vision
- Firma/Company: LSP Laser Swing Productions
- DVD-Erscheinungstermin/Realeased: 2005
- Laufzeit/Running Time: ca. 60 Min.
- Bild/Screen: 4:3
- Ton/Sound: PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS Surround Sound
- Sprache/Language: English
- Untertitel/Subtitle: Deutsch, English, Espanol, Francais, Italiano, Nederlands, Portugues
- Ländercode/Regional Code: 0 PAL
- Bestell-Nr./Catalog#: EREDV428
- FSK: Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung
- EAN/UPC: 5034504942875