Size: 5 LITRES|Change

on 16 March 2016
My son has sensitive skin and it caused a horrendous rash on the backs of his hands. I also found using it dried out my hands. Checked ingredients and found it contained Sodium lauryl sulphate - Not good! Have gone back to Dr Bronners, which I know is safe and does not contain harmful substances.
on 7 October 2013
We use Ecover hand soap a lot - in kitchen, bathroom, etc - and, given Ecover is supposed to be a green company, it always seemed a great waste just to chuck out the empty, pump-action dispensers when they were finished with, so this is a great idea, and should save a lot of money.

However, it is a right old faff decanting from the big container into the small containers. The big container is unwieldly, heavy (certainly to start off with, until it empties out), and has a wide opening; the small containers have narrow openings, and pouring the soap into them is quite a challenge - and v time-consuming. you are quite likely to end up spilling/wasting much of the soap, which slightly defeats the object. I tried using a small funnel, but the soap is thick and so didn't pass through it very quickly or easily. I now use a big funnel, which works more quickly but, because of its size, makes the receiving container topple over quite easily (you need an extra person to hold it steady.......I mean, really, who has time for all this......). It's a shame Ecover doesn't supply the big container with a pump dispenser - similar to the ones on the small containers - so you can easily pump from one to the other, without all this kind of rigmarole.......

the soap itself is very nice, by the way.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2016
We love this soap that has a gret parfume. We opted for the 5l version as it is even more ecological to refill your one dispenser every now and then and it is cheaper too. I strongly recommend it to everyone.
on 4 October 2014
Bought this to economise on buying small bottles of handwash. Love it, beautiful smell and kind to skin. A bit tricky filling up the small bottles at first, but you develop a technique, no problem to me now.
on 23 November 2013
Save yourself a fortune with a really lovely smelling ecover hand soap. Save a load of old soap dispensers, get yourself a funnel and every few months refill. 5 litres seems to last forever, certainly over a year and saves a fortune.
on 30 August 2013
This soap is great, have been using it for ages now, and it costs a lot in the shops (if they even stock it) and buying 5L of it seems excessive but means I don't worry about running out.

I'm lucky in that I have space to store it as it will last for a couple of years before we need more.
on 18 February 2014
I ordered this large bottle of hand wash for re-filling my ceramic soap dispenser and to avoid buying smaller plastic pump soaps all the time. Smells absolutely fantastic and leaves hands nice and soft. Would thoroughly recommend.
on 9 August 2013
For a product we've been using for ages. We like Ecover's ethical stance, and all the products of theirs we use, so thank goodness for Amazon's sensible quantities, not to mention the wonderful Subscribe and Save!
on 9 May 2013
We have been using this product for years. It is really kind on the skin, doesn't leave you with dry skin. It smells really nice and a little bit goes a long way. Would definitely recommend it.
on 3 December 2014
Has lasted ages since i bought it a few months ago a bit tricky pouring it into little eco soap dispencers they should provide a narrow spout for pouring

See one answered question