Economics and Property provides a clear and easy-to-read introduction to any property economics module in a degree leading to a profession in property, construction and other related fields. It focuses on the introduction of economic principles to provide the background necessary to gain a thorough understanding of commercial and residential property sectors and the markets for development, construction and occupation of property.
This third edition has been comprehensively updated to include contemporary economic issues, particularly the financial crisis of 2008 and its impact on markets and economies. It focuses on providing insights into the core economic principles of:
- commercial and residential property markets
- the role and nature of government intervention
- understanding data and making forecasts
- achieving sustainable development.
Key features include:
- clear aims and objectives for each chapters
- frequent summaries of key points
- in text definitions and a handy glossary
- full colour tables and diagrams throughout.