easy to learn from, flexible to teach from
John Slomans Economics has proven to be an extremely popular text, with consistently positive feedback from students. Comprehensive and completely up-to-date, this sixth edition is the ideal introduction to economics for those looking to be interested and motivated by the subject. Its carefully designed to enhance your learning and help you to raise your marks too!
· Careful use of a wealth of examples and cases to make the subject relevant to the real world and bring it to life.
· Every sentence carefully considered to ensure clarity and ease of understanding.
· Learning features integrated throughout the text, such as questions, definitions, web references and summaries. These encourage you to reflect on what youve learnt and highlight the links between different areas of the subject.
· Suitable for a range of courses: advanced material is covered for more rigorous courses, but is easily identifiable and can be omitted without hindering understanding of basic concepts.
New to this edition:
· Thoroughly revised and updated: every sentence, table, chart and factual reference has been reviewed, and revised where necessary.
· Many new examples and boxes have been added.
· NEW Threshold Concepts feature explaining the core concepts you need to grasp in order to think like an economist.
· NEW Looking at the Maths panels express models and theories mathematically in addition to the words and diagrams used in the main body of the text. They are backed up by fully worked examples with questions and answers on the Companion Website, but can easily be omitted on less rigorous courses.
· Policy sections have been updated to reflect recent changes, for example on competition policy, monetary policy and environmental policy.
· Extended coverage of various aspects of globalisation, such as the rapid economic growth in China, and attempts to reduce developing country debt.
The best resource package for introductory economics just got better! Resources are carefully integrated with the text to provide a complete and blended learning experience.
· Now with MyEconLab: enables you to assess your own learning, and provides a personalised Study Plan which identifies areas you need to concentrate on to improve your grades. Specific tools are provided for you to direct your study in the most efficient way. Access to MyEconLab is provided with every new purchase of the main text.
· A wealth of resources is provided on the Companion Website for both lecturers and students. See inside for further details.
· A printed Workbook containing a set of over 1500 questions of various types, carefully matched to the content of the main text, allows you to test your understanding and apply your knowledge. Available for purchase on its own, or value packed with the main text at a discount.
· WinEcon CD contains award-winning interactive tutorials, especially customised for use with Slomans Economics. Available for purchase at a discount with the main text.
Suitable for use on principles of economics courses as a part of single or joint honours economics degree programmes, or on introductory economics courses as a part of a business, social science or other degree programme.
About the author:
John Sloman is Principal Lecturer in the School of Economics at the University of the West of England. He is also Director of the Economics Network: the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.