No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Economics, fourth edition, provides an introduction to the core principles of economics. Extensively revised, updated and redesigned, this edition continues to provide simple and clear explanations making it easy for non-specialist students taking economics for the first time, either as part of a degree or professional qualification, to get to grips with the main concepts, theories and applications of macro and micro economics.
Completely redesigned, the fourth edition includes the following key features.
· Learning objectives to start, and key points to end, provide a framework for learning.
· Pause for thought boxes stimulate thinking and discussion.
· Boxed examples and mini case studies (with questions) relate the theory to real-world situations.
· Key terms in the margins provide clear definitions in context.
· A wealth of progress and review questions including MCQs, data response questions, true/false questions and essay questions for students to test their own understanding.
· Major case studies with questions to consolidate learning.
· Further reading and web references provide guidance for those wanting to extend their knowledge in each topic area.
· Answers to some questions appear at the end of the book while others can be accessed on the companion website.
· New chapters on the European Union and on the Economics of Developing Countries provide a topical update.
Access www.pearsoned.co.uk/ison for guidance on pause for thoughts, essay question advice, responses to case studies, and answers to progress and review questions.
Stephen Ison is a Senior Lecturer in Transport Studies within the Transport Studies Group, Department of Civil and Building Engineering at Loughborough University.
Stuart Wall is Professor of Business and Economics Education in the Ashcroft International Business School, Anglia Ruskin University
--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.