Were you looking for the book with access to MyEconLab? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyEconLab. Buy Economics, plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText., 8/e (ISBN 9780273763246) if you need access to the MyLab as well, and save money on this brilliant resource.
Economics has never been so exciting to learn!
The Eighth edition of Economics contains the most up-to-the minute coverage and uses the latest data to track and analyse the impact of the global financial crisis on our economy.
‘Economics’ is popular for its active learning and student-friendly approach, and the new edition retains its classic features that provide a solid foundation for the study of economics, while covering much of the recent turmoil in the economy.
- Comprehensive coverage of the credit crunch, the subsequent global recession, the legacy of debt, faltering recovery in the world economy and the policy debates about tackling the problems
- Theoretical coverage has been strengthened; there are now sections on behavioural economics in Chapters 4, 8 and 9, and the sections on money and banking and on fiscal and monetary policies have been extended to deal with the continuing problems of bank and sovereign debt.
- Complete update of boxes, examples, tables, charts and factual references
Go to www.pearsoned.co.uk/Sloman - your gateway to all the online resources for this new edition, including:
- An ‘Economics in the News’ blog with accompanying podcasts that’s updated several times a week.
- A new edition of MyEconLab, providing you with the opportunity for unlimited practice, guided solutions with tips and hints to help you solve challenging questions, and a personalised study plan to help focus your revision efforts on the topics you need most support with.
If you have purchased this text as part of a pack then you can gain access to MyEconLab by following the instructions to register on the access code included on the enclosed access card. If you’ve purchased this text on its own then you can purchase access online at www.myeconlab.com. See the Getting Started with MyEconLab in ‘Guided Tour’ area of this text for more details.
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network, the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. John is also Visiting Professor at the University of the West of England, Bristol.
Alison Wride is Head of the College of Business, Economics and Law at Swansea University. Prior to her appointment in late 2011, she was Deputy Director of the University of Exeter Business School.
Dean Garratt is lecturer in economics and undergraduate programme leader at Nottingham Business School.
Need extra support?
This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyEconLab.
This title can be supported by MyEconLab, an online homework and tutorial system which can be used by students for self-directed study or fully integrated into an instructor's course.
You can benefit from MyEconLab at a reduced price by purchasing a pack containing a copy of the book and an access card for MyEconLab: Economics, plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText., 8/e (ISBN 9780273763246). Alternatively, buy access online at www.MyEconLab.com.
For educator access, contact your Pearson Account Manager. To find out who your account manager is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network, the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol. John is also Visiting Professor at the University of the West of England, Bristol.
Alison Wride is Deputy Director of the University of Exeter Business School and an Associate Professor in Economics.
Dean Garratt is senior lecturer in economics at Nottingham Trent University