From the Back Cover
Economics and the Business Environment presents the essential principles of microeconomics and macroeconomics applied to the world of business while also looking at wider, topical business issues, such as business strategy, corporate social responsibility, ethics and the state of the global environment in which we live.
Classic Sloman features
- Key ideas run through the book and are examined in different contexts
- New terms are clearly explained when they first appear
- A vast range of cases demonstrate how economics can be used to understand real business situations, such as the London Olympics, investing in China and companies such as Samsung, Dyson, Body Shop and The Gap.
- Covers the application of game theory to business situations, transactions cost analysis, the economics of entrepreneurship, business ethics and corporate social responsibility and the competitive advantage of nations
· All cases thoroughly updated
· Several new boxes, including business strategies in recessionary times, the Internet and labour mobility, and from golden to temporary fiscal rules
· Complete coverage of the of the credit crunch, financial crisis and measures to promote recovery
Get interactive with Sloman!
Check out the books website at www.pearsoned.co.uk/sloman where you will find a large range of resources, including:
- An online workbook and study guide, with interactive exercises, diagrams that you can manipulate, videos and links to articles and materials
- Self-test questions organised by chapter with automatic feedback and grading
- Economic news blog with discussion of topical issues in the news, links to articles and questions, updated several times per week
- Hotlinks to over 200 useful websites, listed at the end of the book and referred to at the end of each part
- Extra case studies with questions for self study
To gain access, simply redeem your unique access code, found inside this book.
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network, which supports university teaching of economics throughout the UK. The Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol. John is also a Visiting Professor in the Business School at the University of the West of England. He is the author of several best-selling textbooks in economics used by students across the world, and also published by Pearson Education.
Elizabeth Jones is a Teaching Fellow in Economics and her teaching interests include the economics of education, health care and poverty issues. She delivers the core first year modules in economics at the University of Exeter, as well as teaching the economics of social policy.
Economics and the Business Environment (third edition) is essential reading for Introductory Economics modules taught from a business perspective and for Business Environment modules with an economic underpinning.
About the Author
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy based at the University of Bristol. He is the author of several best-selling textbooks in economics used by students across the world, and also published by Pearson Education.
Elizabeth Jones is a Teaching Fellow in Economics and her teaching interests include the economics of education, health care and poverty issues. She delivers the core first year modules in Economics at the University of Exeter, as well as teaching the Economics of Social Policy.