TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 June 2012
Want to know how to get the kids away from the computer? Want to communicate with your kids? Want to help them get a head start at school? Kate Lilley explores ways to interact with your kids and have great fun. Bright new projects for pre-school kids up to age 5. This is a great book divided into chapters Homemade Materials, Music, Nature, Recycling Bin, Sewing & Threading, Science and Boredom Busters. The appealing projects include make your own play dough, paint, make walnut shell boats or a marble maze, shadow puppets, weave, colour flowers and much more. There are 35 projects in all. Spend time with your kids - they're worth it. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 8 April 2012
I have a 5 and a 4 year old and all I can say is that this book is fantastic. Loads of great ideas - already done the play dough... kids have lined up some other projects for this week before they go back to school. Brilliant pictures, clear instructions, really easy to make ideas so perfect!! Can only recommend highly... about to buy a few as presents!!!
on 5 April 2012
This is a big hit with our kids. Creative and colourful! Its keeping them busy during the Easter holidays. 5 stars.
on 13 February 2013
I love this book just as much as my children! The book is as lovely and colourful as her blog and includes 35 projects designed for preschoolers up to and including the age of 5. The projects are split into themes: homemade materials, music, nature, recycling bin, paper and card, sewing and threading, science and a bonus section of quick boredom busters at the end.
We've tried a couple of projects (with my 3 year old) and he has a lot of fun with them (especially the cardboard castle). I can't wait to work my way through the book and I know it will get plenty of use until he's 5 and beyond. The crafts are cheap to make too, just raid your recycling bin!