on 3 January 2011
This book is brilliant and I found myself nodding along to a lot of what I read thinking ''This is me!!'' It has made me think long and hard about my relationship with food and I have started doing some of the exercises in the book too. If you have an eating disorder this book is really helpful in making you feel like you're not alone and giving some excellent case studies and resolutions.
on 4 June 2014
I thought the book explored the subject of emotional eating and eating disorders well; however, given its early publication I did find it somewhat outdated in parts.
As I am currently in recovery from Anorexia Nervosa myself, I found many of the case studies and patient experiences shared in the book both accurate and relatable.
I would recommend the book to anyone who is interested in exploring/changing their eating behaviour, regardless of whether they have suffered/are fighting an eating disorder.
I believe it would also be a beneficial read for anyone supporting someone with an eating disorder.