on 4 April 2010
I learnt French at school quite a few years ago (more than I wish to remember) and used to be reasonably fluent but have since had little or no opportunity to use it and have mostly forgotten what I learnt. For me this was a great way of remembering some of those words I learnt and learning some new ones. Although this book obviously does not help anyone who does not know French at all or wants to learn the grammar I think it's a great addition to other learning tools, a good way of learning/relearning words. The puzzles start off simple, with English clues which you could, if necessary, look up in any simple dictionary and get harder as the book progresses with clues in French but many words used over and over again, so after a couple of times of the same or similar clues appearing the words stick in your mind and you remember them or they fall into place when you have sufficient letters available from other clues. Due to time constraints I haven't quite managed to complete the lot but looking forward to it. It's a fun way of learning additional words.
VINE VOICEon 4 December 2013
Good crosswords for easy French, beginning with the very simple in English and switching to French with vocabulary increasingly difficult. Unfortunately the layout of the crosswords seems to have been handdrawn and the numbers so big it is difficult to fill the letters in. Apart from that, I challenged myself to two a night which got my brain functioning and made sleep easier. As we are moving to France, this was an ideal book to use for my purpose. There is also another good one produced by Living France magazine which I also found increasingly challenging although I question the number of times I may have to potentially address the words nostril and slug - however I may be wrong!!! Thanks for this really recommended.
on 15 December 2015
Really enjoying this book of French crosswords! I bought it as an interesting way of brushing up on my French and I am really enjoying doing just that. If you need a bit of inspiration and like crosswords, this book exactly fills the bill. Excellent value!
on 2 August 2012
First attempt at crosswords in French. Starts easy and gets more difficult towards the end of the book. Excellent for beginners and a different way to learn French.
on 8 September 2012
The puzzles are interesting shapes but this gives rise to a lot of two letter word answers and a lot of the answers are very repeatative.
on 8 May 2012
Good book for anyone who wants to remember vocabulary in French. It starts off slowing and then goes on to more complicated terms
on 26 November 2013
great fun for a birthday pressie extra: bought for my brother. The Feench do not do crosswords like us in the UK