Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 19 August 2002
I have been using this product since, more or less, the day it came onto the market. I have used it with Win 98 and Win XP. I have found it to be a very useful program and compatible with both OS. I have had very few frisbies (coasters)which to me is the mark of good CD writing. The actual software is very easy to follow so if you are like me, and don't know too much about computers and their wily ways,this is the product for you and your CD burning.Also if you register your copy you will receive the monthly newsletter from Roxio which is also very informitive.
on 8 March 2002
This is a good CD Creator, for music CD's because it automatically converts mp3 files into wav files unlike the previous versions and other software, so it saves you time. It only very occasionally screws up the recording process (and this is usually due to the downloaded song being corrupt).
However, for Data CD's, such as copying games, or storing stuff from your computer, it is much poorer than other software, such as Nero.
If you are gonna make music CD's mainly, get this, if you make mainly data cd's, go for Nero.
on 14 July 2001
Having purchased the CD Creator 5 Platinum and having crashed the system and reformatted the H/Disc because some of V4.0 was left in, (V4.0 Worked just fine)I experienced extreme difficulty getting to the technical help field since what is required to register/access ROXIO's system is a TSID (whatever that is)Oh no they couldn't just use the Key or the S/N on the packet that would make it too easy to do. Sales helped me find the number (Thanks) I also downloaded the patch to bring it to 5.01 After all this effort and frustration I eventually found out from the tech support group who I actually got to, that the latest patch did not include my Memorex TwelveMaxx 1032 CD R ! I have ordered NERO which looking at their web site does support my CD. Lesson is look at ROXIO's web site to see if your CD R is included BEFORE you buy anything. I never did get to see if the S/W worked, it looked good however. For ROXIO:- If only you would change the Flags from "No Recorder available" To "Unsupported Recorder" Also Change the ridiculous access serial number/TSID system for use by dummies like me.
on 5 September 2001
Easy CD creator 5 looks nice, but that's all. It works -so and so- under Windows 98 and Me. But don't try it under Windows 2000. If you perform a custom install - as Roxio says - you won't get a blue screen of death. You will be able to run Creator. But.. most of the times it will freeze. Either before initializing the interface or during the recording. Worst thing is as I understand they implemented their system partly as a Windows 2000 service, and once it hangs you can't close it with the task manager. In fact you may not be able to shutdown at all - you will have to press the reset button. Until Roxio releases more patches for version 5, I consider it completely incompatible with Windows 2000.
on 10 July 2001
Windows 2000 compatibility issues, problems with removable drives, absolutely terrible support / attitude from Roxio since they "went it alone", instability and regular crashes ... all in all a disappointing release from the stable which brought us the best CD authoring s/w on the planet.
The interface has been re-vamped and has a nice, clean feel about it but it's essentially Easy CD Creator 4 with a new lick of paint - only they got to replace the light switches and re-lay the carpet after the make-over.
Might be worth another look when it's matured a bit with a few more maintenance releases under it's belt (5.01 at time of writing). In the meantime stick with version 4 or take Nero for a spin.
on 10 January 2002
After reading the previous reviews on this product and Windows XP I was a little hesitant to buy it. However I now have it installed on Windows XP. I had no problems with the installation ( just ignore the CD Drive not supported pop up) .As soon as it was installed I downloaded the upgrade patch to version 5.02.
This is a much improved version of Easy CD, and I find it fully supports WindowsXP
The roxio.com website also includes how to install on Windows XP. Worth looking at before installation.
on 1 November 2002
I must confess to being a little puzzled by some of the many conflicting reviews for this product. I installed it with no problem (win98) and have created around a dozen music cds with no problems. This is my first foray into cd burning software and for me it does everything promised on the packet . . . although additional features would be nice (like being able to smooth recording levels between tracks). My only other gripe is for the print options in the cd cover creator. Possibly I should have checked first, but the stationary I purchased (CD covers, labels etc) are completely unknow to this software, which means I cannot get anything to line up when printing. But hey, I bought it for the listening pleasures, not the printing aesthetics. I like it.
on 10 April 2001
After installing this and finding that my system didn't boot anymore, I went back to the last known good configuration and uninstalled it. I now have a corrupted registry which stops my cd writer and dvd drive working at all. Roxio's support site has the corrupted registry problem as a known issue, and suggest a fix. Sadly the fix doesn't work on my system. The site also details lots of other Windows 2000 issues. This software may be great under Win98, but for Windows 2000 it's not worth the risk. My previous experience of Roxio/Adaptec's technical support was that they were worse than useless.
on 24 January 2003
I opened Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum about 15 minutes ago and have just finished my first CD. I didn't look at the manual, the software is self-explanatory. I was apprehensive having read some of the other less praising reviews, but this is probably due to different configurations (i run win2000 and sony crx160e)
Well done roxio.
on 19 October 2001
A complete waste of money.... I use Win2000 & ME and after attempting several installations due to device incompatible errors, blue screens, fatal exception errors, failed patch upgrades and attempts to following Roxio's online troubleshooting guides, I decided to contact Tech Support whose recommendations were to follow a near on 30 step process which includes modifing and delete registry keys.. I didn't buy this product to go through all this hassle. So I got a copy of Nero 5.5 which installed without any problems on either OS.
Don't take my word for it.... but Easy CD' is Naff.