Size: 35 cm|Colour Name: Sunday Grey|Change
Price:£53.73 - £108.99

on 10 January 2013
Eastpak are a high quality luggage manufacturer. They offer a 30 year guarantee on defects in materials and workmanship. However, often their bags for the US market are too big to use as a carry on bag for Ryanair and Germanwings.

The Eastpak Spin S is small enough (Height: 52cm (55cm including the wheels), Width: 35cm, Depth: 20cm. Volume: 32L) to pass all the main budget airlines. It weighs 2.24kg, so you can still carry some stuff in it and get under a 8kg GermanWings weight limit for carry on luggage. There is a balance to strike between having a bag which is light, and one that is strong and sturdy. I think this one gets it just about right. It is a soft-sided bag, so I wouldn't use it for for checked-in hold baggage.

Easyjet doesn't have a weight limit, and you could end up with a 15kg bag, and in this case it is nice to have wheels, to use on on smooth surfaces. Wheels are a bit annoying on bumpy surfaces and are useless on stairs, mud, or grass.

This bag has main handles that are long enough so that you can use them as backpack straps. Eastpak have a video review on Youtube, which mentions this as a feature. However, you can't adjust the length of the straps, they aren't very wide, and there isn't a waist strap. They are fine to use for short distances, but they are not something that you would want to use for a long walk.

One good thing about the design is that when you carry it like a backpack, the wheels are away from your back, so you are less likely to get dirt from them onto your clothes. I have had other wheeled backpacks, where the backpack straps are on the rigid side of the bag, which is not very comfortable.

It has a U-zip opening, a zipped pockets on the front and side, with a small zipped pocket on the inside. I don't like bags with thousands of pockets, as I then have to search through all of them to find things. Inside the bag, is a zipped lining. You could put clothes inside this, and they won't be visible when you open the bag, which should be good for using it as a briefcase for work, as well as carrying overnight clothes.

The outside pockets are quite small. They have a fabric flap over the top of the zips, to keep the rain off, which makes it more difficult to get into the pocket. The big pocket on the front is big enough to take a folder that is a little bigger than A4 width, and the youtube video shows it with an iPad but it wouldn't take a laptop. The construction of the bag is good. The fabric has a rubbery waterproof backing. The wheels roll smoothly and the handle feels solid.

I also have some backpack straps from a proper rucksack which I can now fit to my bag. It is then much more comfortable as a backpack than using the holdall handles. It takes about a minute to fit them and a bit less to remove them. They are held in place with a velcro patch, I wrap around the carry handle at the top of the bag, and two 25mm webbing straps which I have fitted to a buckle that I added underneath the plastic around the trolley handle. To fix the straps to the bottom of the bag, I loop the webbing around the bar at the base of the bag, back to the adjusting buckle. This needs no modifications to the bag.

This bag would be better with an extra waterproof cover. I have taken one from this other 65L rucksack. It is big enough to cover it. The elastic around the edge of the cover means that it stays in place.

If all you want is a lightweight, well-made wheeled suitcase and holdall, then I would give this 5*. It was not quite there as a backpack without some modifications, but it was a lot closer to my ideal carry on bag than most of the ones that I have seen.
on 8 February 2013
I wanted this for when staying away for a night or 2. The quality is excellent and the wheels seem very robust.

You can easily get spare footwear, washbag and then a decent stack of clothing....aprox 3 pairs trousers, tees and jumpers.

I would recommend this item highly
on 18 July 2013
The perfect size for a long weekend away - it also doubles as a rucksack (as long as its not too heavy) - with the handle it wheels round beautifully the fabric is great quality and it seems tough and robust. I like the fact that apart from the hard back it is soft so it makes packing flexible. I have now ordered a medium size for longer holidays.
on 16 January 2013
Bought one bag and liked it so much that I immediately ordered another.
They were gifts which were much appreciated by the recipients.
Great quality.
on 12 October 2014
This bag is great, fits Ryanair cabin baggage etc, looks good and was £30 ish cheaper than my wife's same bag called flightpath. Whoever named a travel bag "delayed" this must be the most negative name given to any product, hence the big price reduction. Thanks you saved me nearly half the price. No we weren't delayed . If anyone is thinking about buying one DO! and if you are delayed it certainly won't be because of the bag name. I will be looking for more inappropriate names of quality stuff from now on.
I suppose I should have some sympathy for the now unemployed marketing executive. No not really.
on 15 February 2014
I'm glad I've purchase this item, its exactly what I was looking for. Small enough to carry on the plane, but big enough to carry all my belongings for a week holiday. Good material, smooth wheeling system makes your way comfortable enough.
on 17 July 2013
It came well packaged and was everything I was looking for. The wheels are great, it's light and easy to carry up and down stairs!! Definitely recommend!
on 5 November 2014
Very light. Practical. Ideal for 3-4nights trip.
on 8 March 2013
i bought it to my best friend as her birthday gift,and she said she loves it very much~so i think it is worth to buy
on 5 January 2016
best hand liggage ever!!! and looks super cool