Size: 15.3 inch|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£60.00

on 19 June 2012
I bought this to carry my 13.3" MacBook Pro as I commute by motorbike, and wanted something durable and reasonably weather resistant.

Firstly, I can't believe how difficult it is to choose a decent bag via the internet. None of the big manufacturers seem to put up enough photos of the internals and other details of their bags, which seems crazy to me, as suitable bags are quite dependent on the individual.

Overall, I'm happy with this bag, but mainly because I got it for a really good price (£22 inc delivery!). I couldn't decide between this one or the Eastpak Chaser bag. I came to the conclusion that this one was bigger than the chaser and a safer bet if I needed to carry more stuff. (However, given another chance, I probably would have chosen the chaser...)

It's quite simple inside, no internal organisation to speak of, but definitely feels durable. Maybe slightly bigger than I would have liked on reflection, but my main niggle is how the plastic strap ring thing on one side tends to twist round, which in my opinion is bad design. I'm sure it won't affect the durability, but it will always slightly annoy me. If I had known, I may have bought an alternative model like the Chaser or even the Pytt, which has a more substantial connector here (more like Crumpler style bags).
on 13 January 2011
Slightly bigger than i anticipated, although my laptop (15" HP pavillion) just fits in. Lots of pockets round the outside and two large zipped sections on the front and back give plenty of space for assorted items. The main section inside the bag is big enough for my a4 folder's to easily fit in so plenty of space. Quality seems very good, with strong zips etc. Strap is very comfortable and is easily adjusted. I also like that the main part that covers the inside of the bag has two very sturdy clips to hold it their which should stop any large objects falling out should it end up the wrong way round.
on 25 March 2013
I was looking for a new messenger bag and was surprised to see this Eastpak model still available. I recommend this wholeheartedly if you're looking for a cheap and durable bag. This bag has survived me for over 10 years of daily use, often times with heavy loads of books, groceries, drinks, heavy laptops circa 2005 ;) etc. This bag can fit a lot of stuff inside it, and as you can adjust front flap straps you can always close it (will bulge and look funny, but it is functional).

Problems I've encountered over the years:
Around year 8 on a particularly harsh winter (think -30 celcius) both quick release buckles broke a spring arm on one side, but due to good design of the locking mechanism still continue to work to this day with only one arm on them.
The rubbery seal covering the zipper hash worn off.

Other than that the bag is still in perfect working condition, I have also multiple times washed it in a washing machine with no problem. I'm going to buy a leather messenger bag for the better looks, but have no doubt that a leather bag will stretch and fail if I give it the beating this bag can take.
on 8 August 2010
A great messenger bag, comfortable adjustable strap. Made from very tough material, pretty water resistant, but not 100% waterproof. I did break a plastic buckle about 1 year ago but managed to order a replacement from an Eastpak specialist in Holland. THe storage compartments on the sides of the bag are very handy. Only drawback is that there is little organisation inside the large central section of the bag. But this is the style of messenger bags
on 30 January 2010
I bought this bag to replace another which I had been using for a few years.

It is a nice looking bag made with a cool material, quite thick and robust.

I was under he impression the bag would be a little bit larger than it was though, it is a bit more compact than I thought it would be.
When packed heavy, the straps have a tendency to twist up around the plastic piece which holds the strap to the bag.

Looks good, I like it.
on 19 March 2013
The bag is very good and can carry a laptop, charger, books etc. Water proof and good for organizing your stuff. Very easy to adjust straps and comfortable to use even when you carry heavy stuff in it.

The only negative thing about it is that it is hard to fit in your laptop in the laptop pocket, it's a bit tight and I use a 15" laptop.
on 4 March 2013
I bought this bag in the summer of 2012 and, as I write this in Spring (just) of 2013, I have only good things to report! Well worth the price, I'd say. I use this bag on a daily basis for my walk/bus commute and it offers me everything I need from a shoulder bag. For those tall people out there, I should say that I'm 6ft 2" and the strap is plenty long enough, with some spare; an issue I always watch out for with these sort of bags.

Key points:

- Space (and lots of it!) Comfortably carries my folders/notepad/lunchbox/umbrella etc etc, occasionally use it to carry my laptop or netbook, too. Inside the main compartment there is a divider with a piece of velcro attached. This is great for putting your laptop/papers etc separate from your lunch etc.
- Comfort - The padding on the shoulder strap is msot welcome when I'm carrying a bit extra!
- Security - Main compartment is secured by two buckles (which can be altered depending on how much you're carrying). Underneath the main flap are two separate velcro-fastened pockets. There is also a very handy fastener in the main compartment to hook your keys onto. Two small pockets (one either side) zip-fastened.
- Practicality - Quite simply, very nice and easy to use on a daily basis. The little extra bits of material at each side, under the main flap combined with the waterproof zip on the front of the main flap mean that the contents stay dry.

So, to sum up. A fantastic bag which, after several months of near-daily use, is showing no signs of faltering and, if it does, there's a 30 year warranty on it! What more could one want from a shoulder bag?
on 19 May 2012
Have been using this for a while now, good bag. My 13.3" laptop fits perfectly in the laptop "pocket" inside, and there is still room for other things in the bag.
The only complaint is about the side pocket zippers which are a little difficult to open and close.
I really liked the colour and the bag is quite big, fitting 15' laptops at least. It is really confortable, and it does not make a weird noise like other messenger bags