Colour Name: Double Denim|Change

on 5 March 2014
So where to start.... quite simply its a high quality backpack with masses of storage. We purchased this because we needed a backpack big enough for my partner to go in to hospital for 5 days with (lets just say she doesnt travel light (something about a kitchen sink)).

This had everything in it, laptop with a hefty charger, phone, tablet, babies clothes, my partners clothes, slippers, toiletries, breast pump and there was still a little more room!!

My laptop is 15.6" and although it was a squeeze it did just about fit in the padded space. The should straps come very firm, I have no fear that this will ease after a few wears. I havent got a bad word to say about the backpack!
on 19 February 2014
This backpack is excellent value for the money (£27). The quality is fantastic. The colour is vibrant and it is roomy inside. The only slight downfall which I'm sure over time will rectify itself, the straps are high, thick and seem slightly uncomfortable, but its new and I' sure this is me and not the bag.
on 11 May 2016
I just got my backpack (in Brize Black) and am quite happy with it and it looks attractive. However, I am a bit disappointed in some ways, and surprised now at some of the 5 star reviews of it! It looks nice and fairly substantial but the one thing that immediately struck me about it was that it doesn't have as many compartments and pockets as I expected it to. It has a main front zipped pocket that has no other zipped pocket inside it - it's just the one big front pocket. That has a smaller pocket attached to the front with the Eastpak logo on and when that is opened up there's a pocket on the inside with slots for mobile phone, pens, etc. The main bag itself expands and has a stiff bottom 'liner' to put at the bottom when it is expanded, and this main compartment has one padded sleeve for a Notebook / laptop. Somehow I expected it to be more capacious, given some of the reviews on here that say it is, but it's fairly big. There are no pockets at the outer back of the backpack, which I was a bit disappointed about as I've had previous backpacks (not Eastpak) that had zipped pockets at the back as well, which are always useful. One thing I do like about this backpack is that the straps are firm and quite stiff, and the middle inside section of the straps feels slightly rubbery so they'll grip well and not slide around when the backpack is on. Also, I like the handle at the top of the backpack, which is rubberized, and the straps at the side which will help prevent the backpack from slumping forward and will keep the contents in place. Still, for me the letdown of this backpack is that there could have been some more zipped pockets on the outside back. I would also think that, given that it's not a cheap backpack, there could be some rubbery 'feet' at the bottom for when it's stood on the ground, which would keep it in good condition. So, personally I think there definitely could be some improvements still made to this backpack and I would not have paid full price for it (which seems to be around the £60 mark). Luckily, I only paid about £28 for mine on here and I'm OK with that price!
on 30 October 2015
Fits my huge laptop, is somewhat stylish yet still amazingly practical. It's like Mary Poppins' bag. It's really comfy on your back and very structured, it also has straps to squash all the stuff you stuffed in there so it doesn't bulge out and make you look like a ninja turtle. Also it has flaps that cover the zippers which makes it that bit harder for pick pockets to get at. Perfect for travel, work and school. Even more impressed than I'd thought I'd be
on 2 April 2015
After a decade of daily use, the zip for the main compartment finally gave up the ghost on my last Eastpak backpack. It had been up mountains with me, but was mostly used to carry my food shopping and my work uniform!

This pack is basically the same, so I'm sure it will last another decade. It actually comes with a thirty(!) year guarantee, so maybe it'll last even longer.

A few new features have been added to the design of my last pack. The carry handle at the top is far more comfortable. There is a padded pocket within the main compartment for your laptop or tablet. There are adjustable straps around the 'waist' of the pack, so that if you're not carrying much you can keep the pack from bulging unnecessarily. Beyond these features, it's the same tough, spacious, comfy pack I'm used to.

One small issue to note: On the third use I was careless with the zip, and it already snagged. This was not the packs fault, but mine. No issues with the zips since. Look after them, and this pack will look after you.
on 25 July 2015
There's lots of storage space in it and I like how you can make it smaller withe the straps but the straps are rubbery which grips well but is uncomfortable and there's not a lot of padding or mesh on the back so it can get a bit sweaty. Also the material is stiff and the zips get caught quite a bit. All in all I wouldn't buy it again
on 19 April 2014
bought for my sons wheelchair as so many so called wheelchair bags are poor quality ..but this is very high quality very tough and durable ,holds enough for a whole day at school including a change of clothes ,food, large pack of baby wipes..the list goes on..The zips are really durable and the fabric survives being scuffed against at school .I would definatley buy this item again ,but this is going to last a very long time due to the excellent quality and worth every penny.
on 13 February 2014
Bought for my kid on IGCSE level. She loved colour, quality as well as available space
Expecting she will keep for few years
on 19 March 2015
This is a large backpack with huge carrying capacity across multiple compartments; it's perfect for school or college. The material is tough and the seams and straps all look well-sewn. My son is using it through secondary school - the toughest test there is for a bag! Im confident this Eastpak will be up to the job
on 27 February 2016
I love this bag. The brand delivered what I expected, outstanding quality and design. With the adjustable straps it can adapt to its contents making it very comfortable to carry. If you're considering buying an Eastpak bag, go for it, you won't be disappointed.