on 2 February 2009
It was decision time, should I buy the second edition of `East Coast Pilot' to replace my first edition, or go for the new `East Coast Rivers' instead?

Had a long hard look at both, at the Boat Show.

Here's what I thought. Most of all I want a pilot book on board, a book with up to date info and one that will help me into rivers and creeks that I'm not familiar with. In which case, no contest - `East Coast Pilot' wins hands down. `East Coast Rivers' is a good-looking book but it simply ain't a pilot book any more, there's tons of stuff in it about local history and background but precious little pilotage. A good example is the almost total lack of photos showing the view from seawards - `East Coast Pilot' is full of them.

`East Coast Pilot' also has a great website, which enables me to keep the book right up to date, something that no other pilot book seems to do. That really confirmed for me that this is the book to go for.
on 10 October 2009
An essential book for E Coast yachtsmen. In many ways a significant improvement on the traditional E Coast Pilot book by Jack Coote (now by Janet Harber). Good pilotage advice, photographs and charts but lacks some of the larger scale charts that put the approaches into perspective. Like most of my colleagues I find the track diagrams not as helpfull as they could be.
It does not provide much information on the beauty of this part of England.
on 25 October 2010
This is one of the books recommended for yachtsmen in the area, and I can see why. It is well laid out in a consistent and structured way which makes it useable on the approach to the rivers and creeks covered with out flicking back and forwards. It is a good supplement to the Admiralty charts, providing useful additional information about local services and contacts as well as being a fund of local knowledge about specific problems which can trap the unwary mariner.
on 10 December 2014
must have book
on 18 December 2009
Had the previous edition and updated,but not only is it a really must have guide,i just love it because mariana is my yacht!!!!!