VINE VOICEon 1 September 2014
“Making shelter for Jesus” is the compelling invitation of Richard Rohr’s new title, Eager to Love. It constructs pathways and meeting points with God, offered alongside a unique encounter with Francis of Assisi and the invitation to wholeness. Rohr with deft touch and insight offers us fresh ways, that are free of ‘shoulds and musts’.

Some of the detailed work with language and concepts is particularly helpful, if uncomfortable in its reach and implications. There is plenty of paradox with edgy fresh interpretation in this mix of scripture, psychology and creativity. Feminine spirituality is reasoned, and as ever the prophetic nature of Rohr’s voice is restated. I found the engagement with room, fullness and emptiness particularly striking. I’d dare to say this will enlarge your grasp of the world and engage your heart in new ways.

Hodder and Stoughton have collaborated with Rohr in resourcing us with rich content in an attractive format. All in all, another Rohr gem which places our minds before the mirror of eternity. ​Whether it stirs up renewed Franciscan interest is by the by. It fuels a greater gratitude for, ‘God’s eternal eagerness to love’ and for that I am thankful.

www.johnnydouglas.org
on 18 February 2015
Another amazing book by Richard Rohr!
I look forward to his next book. He has managed to put our 'life journey' into words. I have learnt more from reading two of his books than from attending the Catholic Church these past forty years. I remain a deeply committed Catholic as the Eucharist is the core & summit of my life. I am very grateful to God for Rohr's daily meditations which are shared with me and I in turn share with others.
on 22 August 2014
I have read a lot of books by Richard Rohr. His books are so full of great Spiritual Truths. He uses the Way of Francis of Assisi as does Eckhart Tolle. He invites the reader to live totally in the Present Moment. To let go off all our baggage + wounds from the past .Living only in the present moment can we experience our True self and we can find deep inner healing, stillness, peace and joy.
on 11 November 2014
This book is a gem and it has opened up for me a great interest in the lives St Francis and St Clair. I highly recommend it.
on 31 December 2014
this is an excellent book for anyone interested in the Franciscan lifestyle. Other books I have read on this subject have been rather sentimental but this one is more down to earth.
on 4 October 2014
Inspiring. Easy to read yet profound in what he says.
on 2 November 2014
Richard Rohr has written a book about Saint Francis and the Francisan way. In many ways it is both an eye and heart opening read. There are passages in the book which have spoken to me. Passages to underline and take onboard and use thm in our lives.
on 17 October 2014
One of Richard's best; this is an important book
on 26 March 2015
a clear yet deep account of Franciscan love.
on 7 March 2015
His books ger better and better