on 23 April 2012
Bought these to replace standard bulbs that were blowing every few week. I got 8 to go in the spotlights in the kitchen and dining room. I have had them for about 5 months and no faults. They are really good. Brightness is very good, similar to standard bulbs but gives a slightly different type of light (can't really be more specific it just doesn't look quite the same). They definitely aren't the brightest bulbs available (powerful Halogens would produce more light) but I would say unless you are doing really fiddly work and need a lot of light they are up to just about anything. The power consumption is so low on these bulbs that when switched off they glow very faintly. I would recommend these to anyone, much better than power saving bulbs for power consumption and light and they should last a VERY long time.
on 5 January 2012
Not equivalent to a 50W, but you can't expect that for 3.5W of leds. Personally, I'd say it's marginaly dimmer than the 28W (read 40W equiv) 2800K SES R50 halogen it replaced, but the room didn't feel worse lit due to it. It looks about 3200K as stated, if a little on the yellower than orange/red side. Like all LED lights, it gets warm, but not too hot to touch. For the moment, there are few R50 SES LED replacements around, and if you're looking for one, i can certainly recommend this.
on 2 February 2015
I really didn't like the light from these LEDs. We used them in the fittings in our kitchen and found the light to be really dull and impossible to see what you were doing. 100% NOT 50W equivalent.

They lasted for the 2 years that we left them in place, so I can't say how long they would have lasted if left there indefinitely, but so far, so good on that front.

They were easy to fit, though I personally didn't like looking at the little yellow squares when they were off. There is no doubt that they ahve saved us money, but since the quality of the light produced is a very important criterion when searching for LED replacement bulbs, these were,
in my opinion, a complete waste of money and I can't recommend them at all - I now have much brighter LEDs that look much more like the old style bulbs, equivalent to 50W for only a few more watts each and allow me to see what I am doing.
on 27 July 2012
This lamp is ideal for my purposes, which is general 'flood' lighting of a medium-sized room. However, I am a little sceptical about the claim of equivalency as a replacement for a 50W Halogen lamp. My opinion is that it is probably equivalent to a 30-40W Halogen lamp. That said, a small adjustment to the number of replacement LED lamps has proved very successful.
on 23 March 2013
This problem of light replacements are likely to be never ending and I wish some one would get to grips with Lumens & watts
The new EEC regulation states that all need light sources must be rated in Lumens as watts are not any longer a measure of light luminosity
This is not equivalent to the existing lights & must be equivalent to about 40watts not the 50 I currently have
on 15 February 2013
In terms of the brightness this is a great bulb and as with all LEDs its immediate unlike compact flouresecent bulbs which have to "warm up" and start off dim. However the bulb I got is a very stark clinical cold white, not a soft white. I have compared it to equivent tungsten and soft white energy saving bulbs and its colour is horrible. But at half the energy of a compact flouresent and one tenth of the original tungsten it replaced, and immediate on, it may still be for you if for example you have a shade to alter its colour.
on 8 March 2012
I was a little apprehensive about the claim for these LED spotlights to be both 'warm white' and '50 watt equivalent' - I was expecting rather dim, very cold white light. Not a bit of it - excellent light level and colour. They are replacing 40W standard spots, so for me are a little brighter and save me 90% in energy, as well as running much cooler - should be a boon in summer when constant lighting of a dark kitchen with 6 spots would raise the room temperature quite noticeably.

Also very prompt delivery by supplier - excellent service - thoroughly recommend.
on 24 April 2013
This bulb is easily comparable to a 50 watt incandescent light bulb, giving a good light output for 3.5 watts. Stated to be warm white, to the eyes it appears more biased towards white. Overall very pleased.
on 7 February 2013
I have purchased this item as a test to run it alonside some Halogen bulbs in the kitchen. Having fitted it (straight swop) I found it gives a brighter white light than the old technology. I'm now hoping the other old bulbs fail so I can buy and fit some more of these,
on 29 April 2012
These bulbs arrived as advertised and provide a cost effective replacement for the original. Colour is crisp and warm. The bulb fits neatly into the unit.