on 13 December 2013
Really happy with this. I haven't got the room to store a bike in the house and bringing it in and out would upset my wife, so having this bike that fits snugly in the back of my Astra hatchback is excellent. Bit of faffing getting it in and out of the bag, but that's fine. You've got to adjust the handlebars once they are back in the frame when you unfold, the pedals fold down and it's a very stable and good design. Delighted. Having it so accessible means that it's always there when you want to get it out of the car, unfold it and off you go. Would certainly recommend. Not the most expensive parts, but then again if it were - it would be over £900. Excellent value for money and you could always upgrade everything on it if you felt like it anyway. Would certainly recommend. Came snugly and securely packed against damage and was a doddle for even someone like me to assemble. The job was done the first time in about 30 minutes. Taking it out of the bag, unfolding, sorting the seat, the handlebars and the pedals takes about 3-4 minutes and you're off. Bought some bits and bobs for it - lights, little saddle tool kit and I'm good to go.
11 comment13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2014
Wanted to get fit by mountain biking but didn't want the hassle of a bike rack, so decided on the ecosmo folding bike. Amazing. Arrived real quick and all in the box. Unfortunately the rear reflector was broken in transit but that aside, managed to assemble the bits not already done fairly easily, needed Hubby's help!
Took to local bike shop to set up gears and check brakes,this is essential in my opinion to avoid a nasty accident. Have done 6 miles in two trips and love it. Easy to unfold, put handlebar in, unfold pedals and I'm off. Gears make for smooth ride, brakes not the best but excellent value and I'm over the moon!
on 8 March 2014
I brought this bike originally for myself but found it to be too big for me, so gave it to my husband who loves it. It folds up and down very easily and is perfect for putting in the boot of a car. I have now brought a smaller one so we both have one now for camping. This bike is strong, smart and easy to use. Would highly recommend.
on 29 March 2014
This Ecosmo 26" folding bike was purchased for Partner: she is very happy with the bike: it arrived in excellent condition and I would recommend this cycle; on the down side it is too heavy for her to fold and lift into the her car boot: it is not a real problem for a fit person under seventy and larger than 5'2" tall. Very good quality buy.
on 30 May 2014
some people will say its good, and others will say its bad..but I will tell you everything about it:
- The seat is from rock, (thats doesn't even accept an argue) so you need to order a comfortable seat or take in consideration putting some soft material on the seat.
- Overall the build of the bike is more than good.
- the bike in general is not heavy, but when you fold it It is Too heavy, that means you can't carry it more than 1min.
- I took the bike to the forest in my first day, it was nice to ride.
- frontal wheels brake is Mechanical Disc Brakes, its different than the one in the back. so you really need to take it to a specialist or to watch enough on youtube tutorials about how to set up Mechanical Disc Brakes. (I receive the bike today, It took me 1 hours to set it up because of the Mechanical Disc Brakes in the frontal wheels, and until now i couldn't figure out so i will take it to a shop tomorrow..(however the back brakes works well and they are already set-up from the Ecosmo.
Happy or not happy? well I bought the bike so i can take it to public transports where i live in Paris..sadly when i folded the bike the bus driver told me its forbidden to take folding bikes in bus..I went to the office of the RATP to ask and they told me the same, But its good at least I can take it with me in any metro and any train..
worse things in this bike:
- The hand are little bit harsh..and the seat feels 100% like "rock", so its a must to put soft material on the seat and the hands.
- frontal wheels Mechanical Disc Brakes is not easy to set-up..manual didn't explain any good details about that.
conclusion: I am not disappointed at the moment, I will take the bike to the shop tomorrow (after two days to be precise because people don't work in france during the weekend) so he can set for me the frontal brake..
maybe I will look from now for comfortable seat..
Recommendation: Buy or not to buy?
- if you want the bike to fold it and carry it for distance = don't buy it its not for you because it is too heavy and impossible to be carried on shoulder more than 1min..(hardly i say 1min)
- if you want the bike to take it with you in train and metro = buy it, its good..just take in consideration the notes above about the hand and the seat.
CARRY BAG: If you want to put the bike in the bag and carry it outside (then forget the whole idea, because the bike and the bag can't be carried on shoulder..the bag is SO HUGE. (I mean IT)
If you want the bag for the house so u can put the bike in it (OK, you can buy the bag, but its not impressive)..
I don't like the bag at all maybe because i was shocked how big is the bike..
the bike from ECOSMO website is cheaper for about 5
I will update this review when I set the frontal brake and find comfortable seat.
for the moment 3 starts out of 5..(will be updated soon)

-- UPDATE--
So I went with it through a metro and train in Paris, find it handy as you don't need to carry the bike (bcz it will be then heavy) but you can fold it and then you can push it (one of the wheels will do the job and will turn) so overall it do the job as should be.

stars moved from 3 to 4 stars and I think I will end up here.

how the bike can get 5 stars?
Very easy:
- If It is light and has comfortable seat and hands "and better gears" it will be the best 2014 folding bike.
I just don't understand what it will cost a manufacturer to make a bike light and more comfortable when in respond their bike could become the best folding bike of this year for its price??
on 7 February 2014
The delivery is very fast
The bike is generaly good however
The seat is not comfortable and i take it to bike repair shop for adjustment of breaks