EA SPORTS MMA brings the authenticity of the world’s most intense combat sport home like never before. Choose from the world’s top fighters or climb the ranks of the worldwide circuit with your created prodigy to become the ultimate MMA champion. Travel the globe and learn a multitude of fighting techniques and skills from masters in each discipline. Select from various weight classes, rule sets, and take on all challengers in multiple cage types or a ring. The challenge continues online with the most robust offering for any MMA videogame, including the ability to create and share custom fighters, prize fights, and more. Are you ready? Let’s get it on!
- The Definitive MMA Experience – Featuring multiple disciplines, rule sets, locations, and fighters from, the worldwide sport of MMA, all represented authentically. Throw down in a ring, hexagonal or circular cage. Environments come to life with ring girls, corner men and the best referee in the business – Big John McCarthy. Ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr. provides fighter introductions, while MMA legend Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo call the action.
- Total Strike Control – Go on the offensive with Total Strike Control
- An intuitive control system for striking, elbows, knees and kicks. Total Strike Control is accessible via analog sticks or face buttons, providing the utmost flexibility.
- Advance Defense System – The best offense is a good defense, so get ready to master parrying, slipping, countering and dodging to gain an advantage over your opponent.
- Feel the Fight – Controller rumble acts as an alert to simulate body movement when an opponent attempts to advance position. Take notice and use the small window of opportunity to counter or defend.
- Submission Battles – Using an intuitive system, opponents must strategically manage their advances or counters to secure
EA enters the ring, in the most dangerous contact sport on Earth. The excitement and danger of mixed martial arts combat is recreated in exacting detail as you battle your way to the top as either your own custom-made character or one of the all-time fighting greats.
The biggest new contact sport in the world goes interactive
| Visit famous MMA arenas from around the world |
| Total Strike Control lets you fight just like a MMA pro |
| Manage your stamina in submissions to avoid defeat |
The unique Total Strike Control system lets you target every attack with pinpoint accuracy, while the advanced defence system lets you parry, counter and dodge at every turn. Any discipline is yours to master, with fully customisable rule sets and a choice of fully licensed rings and arenas, from the Cowboys Stadium to Osaka-jo Hall.
As you perfect your skills you can go online to face other players from around the world and take part in fights watched by thousands of online fans. Created with the full co-operation of Strikeforce, this is the most authentic and feature-packed MMA game ever made. Key Features
About the Developer: EA Tiburon
- Ultimate Fighter: The most realistic fighting experience ever in a video game lets you master all the disciplines and face all the dangers and excitement of real MMA combat.
- Total Control: Master the intuitive control system and gain absolute control of both attack and defence, using whichever method you prefer: analogue sticks or face buttons.
- World Tour: Master multiple disciplines in the intense career mode, as you compete in real-world gyms in the U.S., Japan, Brazil and Thailand and learn new skills at every stop.
- Online Spectacle: Don't just fight online, become an Internet sensation as you take part in live broadcasts where thousands of spectators can watch you compete.
- Big Names: Play as some of the biggest names in mixed martial arts, including Fedor Emelianenko, Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, Shinya Aoki and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza.
Tiburon Entertainment is based in Florida and was founded in 1994, before being bought by Electronic Arts in 1998. The studio has been responsible for the Madden NFL series and, since 2008, Tiger Woods PGA Tour. The studio is also now working on the new EA Sports MMA games.