on 13 August 2008
100% YES. Prof Dave Chaffey has done it again! Those of you who already know his work can testify to the fact that Dave is the Yoda of all e-marketing. 'Hmmm, make your e-marketing strong, this will'.

Whether you are new to this exciting world of e-mail marketing, or are an old hand - this book needs to be at your side 24 hrs a day. However, it's a brave person who sits down with a coffee and says: 'I'll just polish this off in one sitting' - you won't. It's too full. It's too rich. It gets you thinking about what you are doing and could or should be doing, so much so that you have to stop and come up for air every now and then.

Not that's it's not a good read - it's a brilliant read, but you know, as you read each detailed chapter, that you will be returning to this book time and time again. This book is complete, practical, detailed and full of checklists and guides to get you started straight away. Mine is dog-eared and still right here beside me as I type this review.

TIP: I used 3M's Index tabs (small plastic, write on-able, self-adhesive bookmarks) as I read this book. I inserted a new Index tab every time I hit an idea I wanted to pursue, and this made re-visiting that section quick and easy later on. I recommend you buy this book, and commit to reading it all in a week, indexing your favourite parts as you go.

If this book doesn't drive up your e-mail marketing responses rates - nothing else will. So far (and I have been reading and reviewing marketing books for over 11 years now) - this book is by far the best - this is the must-have handbook for all e-marketers. Just buy it.

Dominic A Yeadon MIDM, e-Marketing Consultant.
on 2 March 2009
And almost what I needed. It's a great grounding in direct email marketing (DEM)and proceeds along at the right speed for me, being very readable. It contains some cracking ideas. It only fails to get 5 stars because some of the 'links' are out of date and one or two subjets, such as geotargeting, are covered a little too briefly. That said, for someone like me, who knew a little about DEM and wanted to know a lot more, it is excellent value for money. I'm very pleased with my purchase and obviously recommend it to anyone in a similar position.
on 28 August 2008
If you want to learn or further improve your email marketing ability and knowledge this is a must read. Everyone can take the information and apply it to see improve results.

It covers all the bases and is easy to read in chunks or pick up and dip in as you need.

Dave Chaffey has a well known name in digital marketing and its not hard to see why.

Even if you read the first edition (I did too) then its well worth picking up a copy of this updated edition.
on 9 January 2012
I really liked this book as it has given me some great idea for my email campaigns, but also provided really useful stats and advice on how to implement them in the best ways. I'd say sometimes the book is a little assuming and often a little too in depth, but overall it's a great read and I've certainly taken some key tactics away from it.