Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Total War Rome II (PC DVD) forum

Dynasty total war?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Oct 2012 10:44:24 BDT
Obisearch says:
I still can't figure out why the creative assembly team has not delved into a part of the world that was so rich in history culture and conflict that they could put in thousands of units and battles... And these are?.. well quite easily China, Tibet, Steppes of Russia and the Phillipine and Indonesia.
There is historic information about the units, archetecture, factions, dynasties and histories. And trully who would not love to be the Monguls?

Dont get me wrong I trully loved Rome TW, but I get the feeling Ive been there already, and with all the addons for the previous series we pretty much covered practically everything..

Posted on 9 Dec 2012 13:23:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Dec 2012 13:23:20 GMT
Stefan says:
Rome TW has been their most popular and still has several awesome mods further expanding upon it being released even today. It has also for a long time been a huge demand for a return to it and they themselves wish to return to it on their 25th anniversary.

Besides, playing as and battling the Mogul invasion has been a feature on several total wars. They probably feel they've feel they covered Asia through Shogun and Medieval. Although, it is a nice thought since that area is right between everything and as you said, the only once not covered yet. Aside from Australia and the U.S (post-native Americans)..

Posted on 14 May 2013 07:04:17 BDT
Well you won't be seeing a Dynastly: Total War next either I'm afraid. Sega and C.A. struck a deal for the rights to licence Warhammer based games, so looks like there will be a departure from Total War after Rome II.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2013 10:31:59 BDT
Obisearch says:
@ Stefan - There has never been a non fan moded option to play the monguls, if your referring to playing the hun hordes in the Barbarian invasion then your mistaken, the Huns military tactics and unit outlay differs a lot from that of the Monguls, just because they are mostly cavalry and shoot on horse back does not make them the same, so no it has not been covered by any total war. All there is, is the the fight against them in Medieval 2. And there is far more to dynasty than the monguls, like the dynasty china's with there numerous provinicies that are vieing for power. Not to mention a whole wealth of units like the nu chuk rapid fire crossbowmen. Endless potential here and not something they have covered before, rome is still too fresh to be redone yet imo.

@ewok
I like the warhammer series, they have thought well about the world they have created. Good luck to CA on the project, but that doesn't neccesarily mean the end of a highly successful total war periods.

Posted on 21 Jun 2013 15:40:32 BDT
Anasyn says:
I read somewhere a while ago, CA were avoiding that particular area because they didn't feel that the technology available would do it justice. Although that was several years ago, shortly after Medieval 2.

CA working on Warhammer universe is likely to simply mean a different team working with current TW engine(s) to create a game, while the TW team will remain mostly intact and working on this series.

Posted on 25 Jun 2013 18:00:47 BDT
P. Power says:
I'm guessing games centred on Europe hold most appeal for CA's target market and they've realised this. Although Shogun 2 sold well I think it was outsold by Empire and with the costs associated with game development I doubt they'd take a risk on an area with with even less immediate appeal to their audience.
That is not to say Dynasty Total War wouldn't be a great game (I'd buy it) just one with increased risks of not great sales figures.

Posted on 26 Jun 2013 11:11:11 BDT
Obisearch says:
@ P.power - I understand what you mean about target markets and sticking with what works. However I think there is a large degree of interest already set in that period.
A massive percentage of Chinas' outlet films and epics is based on their history. Crouching tiger, hero, house of flying daggers, curse of golden flowers, Musa the warriors, shaolin monks, etc. Are all based or in reference to region's history and enjoys international interest. Dont forget the Sun Tzu and Conficism are respected military political/ social/ religious philosophers that are known world wide. On top of that China are allegedly the first nation to use gun powder in battle and the Monguls held the largest empire in the known world (yes larger than Romes and Alexander's).

There is soo much here the market, the history, the lore, the bloodiest conflicts with the highest human casualties than any other regions (yes even Europe until WW1), international market interest. There is everything needed here - lets make it happen CA!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2013 13:02:36 BDT
darkj3an says:
in meidival total war you can be the monguls :P Philippines and Indonesia will be less wariors and more jungle type of war... or you mean when western countries colonizing south east asia? so it will be look more like medeival total war :P yea that could be interesting..

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2013 13:42:34 BDT
Obisearch says:
Yes you can be Monguls with a mod, yes I know lol. But thats not the same. And yes Philipines/ Indonesia/ Vietnam/ Nepal would be like jungle and naval warfare. But that is awesome that means different unit types would thrive there. That means factions with massive advantages in the desert, steppes and plains would struggle in the jungle which means you can't just pick Monguls and own everyone.

Posted on 1 Aug 2013 13:04:21 BDT
I would really like to see an Empire remake. (Please read on before the judgement commences)
I think if they had got the mechanics right the first time, sorted the horrendous AI and allowed the player to play as the smaller countries this game would have been far superior even to Rome (IMO of course!) and that's from me who LOVES RomeTW!!
The time period that Empire takes place in could have had so much more in game. Expand more in to Africa so that the Bore wars could be recreated (oooh a playable Zulu faction?). Maybe run it from 1700 to 1920 too. Apart from flight, the technology of the time would easily work in TW that way you could have a truly immersive experience based within arguably Europe's most turbulent (post dark ages) period. WW1...would you try to avoid it, go all out and have Britain demolish Germany before 1914 or maybe you could be a smaller country and experience WW1 through the eyes of an inferior power or even a neutral. Make diplomacy a true force to be reckoned with. I know the title 'Total War' suggests all out war and you can't win until you've obliterated everybody but still, it would be nice to have diplomatic and economic victories to. That way sabotage could be a real factor. Make a country go bust and kneel at your boots... I like the sound of that. Kiss my boots Napoleon. Shine my shoes Kaiser Wilhelm!

I think that would be the best TW EVER!!

Posted on 10 Aug 2013 23:13:11 BDT
Tony Roberts says:
Personally I think there's a huge gap between the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the commencement of the period covered in Medieval Total War, the so-called 'Dark Ages'. It has been touched on with expansion packs but its not the same as a dedicated Total War game covering the same region as Rome and Medieval do, but covering the years from, say, 476AD to 1000AD. It would be a similar period to that covered by Medieval II, and you could start as Byzantium, Persia, Ostrogothic Italy, The Vandals, The Visigoths or the Franks, and maybe even the Saxons, and have to ride out invasions like the Arabs and Magyars and Vikings.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2013 15:21:45 BDT
Have a look at the Total War Forums if you havent already. There are plenty of people making FREE modifications of the original game and there expansion packs and given the diversity of people there, Im sure you will find someone who thinks the same as you do.

I was a member of the Rome:Total Realism team for several years, but I can tell you there are mods covering subjects from Rome to Middle Earth, which I highly recommend. Im sure by now, Medievil II will have plenty of modifications for it as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  10 Oct 2012
Latest post:  23 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about