Image not available for
How it Works
Electronic water descalers are the modern, cost effective way to combat limescale. The Dyna Pipe DSC2 Water Descaler works by transmitting a modulated frequency signal into the water via an induction coil wrapped around the pipework. The electronic signal causes hardness minerals in hard water to alter their structure such that they become less 'sticky' and do not adhere to pipes, boilers and other internal surfaces. Scale that forms in kettles, irons and shower-heads is softer and much easier to clean.
Unlike conventional water softener, electronic descalers do not remove anything from the water. This means that treated water retains healthy minerals without producing unwanted limescale deposits.
Fitting is easy and requires only basic DIY skills. Simply wrap the coils around the main water pipe, fix the descaler to the wall, plug in the ac/dc adapter and switch on. Full instructions provided.
- Application ............. Pipe sizes up to 28mm
- Construction .......... Microprocessor circuitry in an ABS case
- Power Supply ......... 9V dc (ac/dc power adapter supplied)
- Descaler Size ......... 125mm x 80mm x 50mm
- Signal Frequency .... 7,000 Hz to 17,000 Hz
What's in the box
- 1 x DSC2 Instruction Manual
- 1 x DSC2 Electronics Unit
- 1 x 9V AC/DC Power Adapter
- 1 x 1.7m Induction Coil
- 2 x 6-8 Gauge Wall Fixing Plugs
- 2 x 6x19mm Screws
- 2 x 150mm Cable Ties