Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Dylon Machine Dye Dark Brown 200 g (Pack of 3)
|Price:||£18.99 FREE UK delivery.|
- Easy way to update your colours
- Easy to use
- Will not damage your washing machine
- Strong permanent colours
- Suitable for use on most natural fabrics
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Inspiration from the deepest, darkest depths of the forest led to the creation of this intensely rich brown tone. Some might say that Dark Brown is nature’s alternative to black. Dark brown trousers and tops work perfectly with other natural earthy shades and Dark Brown in your home gives instant warmth and depth.
Add dye and salt to washing machine drum. Add fabric. Run 40 degree cycle. Run cycle again to wash and rinse.See all Product Description
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Having used other Dylon dyes I automatically looked for this and whilst the colour name isn't too useful it turned out to be the colour I wanted.
As with all of them - prewash to dampen material/dye and salt in drum with item on 40c wash/wash again with detergent 40C wash/wash machine clean with detergent on 40C wash and a new item of clothing comes out the other end.
I have used black, navy blue and this colour without any problems so far and as long as you follow the instructions, including item dosing weight, then I can't see how you can go wrong.
An excellent product for keeping good quality clothing alive when the only thing wrong with it is colour fade.
There are several potential pitfalls. Reading the manual is the key, but it doesn't cover all eventualities or might not be too obvious on some points. Some additional information and contenders for errors that I encountered through my ten years of selling this product are as follows:
1) Using salt substitute instead of the real thing. Yes, this might seem obvious to most, but not to all. What is needed is pure cooking salt (100% NaCl - Sodium Chloride). Finely ground dissolves better in water than coarse, but under no circumstance use any low-sodium salt substitute or anything that has been augmented with things like iodine - those things are fit for human consumption, but will make your dyeing come out all wrong.
2) Even if what you dye is brand new - in fact, it is even more important if it is new - wash it properly first. New clothes in the shop are frequently inserted with agents to keep them looking nice and neat in the shop, sometimes with light water repellents, and it is essential that these things be washed out before attempting to dye. If the clothes are brand new, I'd even recommend doing it twice just to be sure.
3) Any fabrics that are waxed, waterproofed or fireproofed will not dye properly unless all of those active substances are washed out completely (see point 2). If you're unsure if there is any treatment left in the garment, at least for waterproofing, let a drop of water drip on it. If it immediately soaks in, you're good to dye.Read more ›
This saved me hours of trailing round shops looking for it.
The service was good, the packing was fine. Would use this supplier
again and would recommend to anyone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does exactly what it says on the packet. Whats's not to like. What more is there to be said? Duh!Published 23 months ago by Dr. John W. Lamble
Dyed a very light coloured duvet cover a lovely deep brown. Used 2 packets due to the weight and it dyed them really well.Published on 26 Sept. 2012 by Amazon Customer
Be careful with this dye as it left some very dark patches where the material was obviously pressed together, even though I followed the instructions to the letter.Published on 12 Mar. 2011 by Amy
I found this gave excellent results. Good colour, easy to follow directions and quick to use. Would recommend Dylon always.Published on 11 Mar. 2010 by Siodh