on 16 December 2010
Great quality, great value and great customer service (the seller went above and beyond to source me a 20 metre cable not showing on Amazon as presently available). Connectors look and feel solid, with a reassuringly positive 'click' upon insertion. Standards info' printed down the cabling. Useful anti-snag shield a bonus! I'd thoroughly recommend this cabling and company to a friend or relative.
11 comment|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2010
Cable came well packaged, and for the price is an absolute bargain. The cable is made from what appears to be fairly thick but flexible plastic, much better than a belkin cable I have of a similar length. No complaints, would recommend to anyone who was hunting for an ethernet cable that would reach around their room or to link a computer to a router/switch in a separate room :D

Update (04/04/2015):

Four and a half years later and the cable is still as good as the day I purchased it. The current cable offered is now CAT6a compared to the CAT5e cable that I purchased, but if their construction methods are the same then my original viewpoint stands, for what you get it is a bargain. Of course you can get ethernet cables of the same length, and possibly still CAT6a, but I highly doubt that they will be of the same build quality as this one. I've had mine running outdoors for around a year and a half, and the rain/snow/sun have had no effect at all upon the outer. It has also withstood being repeatedly pinched in doorways without the outer ripping, something common with cheaper cables. I'm also pleased to say that the small rubber covers have protected the retaining clips, another problem I've had when being careless with cheaper/bundled cables. Genuinely an excellent value product!
44 comments|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 November 2010
This is a quality product at a low price, the price nearly put me off as too cheap. I have my xbox connected via this lead and the transfer rate is spot on. It's at full length so that's 45 feet and no loss of signal.
on 5 April 2014
This is a CAT6A cable NOT CAT6 as advertised. Please see the labelled imaged I have attached to this item in the image gallery for 15m Black version from the drop down menu.

I bought 15m of this cable with the intention to cut it in half and use it for two purposes.

I ordered a few RJ45 plugs but wrongly ordered CAT 6, because that is what this cable was advertised as on Amazon.

The first thing I did when I received it was to cut it to the right length for my need.

However, when I tried to terminate the cable with an RJ45 CAT6 plugs, they wouldn't fit. I then noticed that this cable was actually CAT6A and not CAT6 as advertised. And surely enough, this was confirmed with the printed text on the cable itself and also on the bag it came in. It was a nightmare trying to force the CAT6 plugs onto this CAT6A cable. They simply would not fit.

The cable is an F/FTP (shielded foiled twisted pair) where the 4 pairs are foiled and then an outer foil is placed around all of them too.

Anyway, I wasn't able to test the performance of the cable yet as I needed the correct plugs to terminate the resized cable.

So, new buyers please be aware that this is a CAT6A cable so if you are planning to resize it, make sure you order RJ45 CAT6A plugs and not CAT6 plugs.

EDIT: Amazon customer service was excellent. They offered me a refund for the cable and the wrong plugs I had ordered due to the cable being advertised as CAT6.

CAT6A is actually better and faster rates than CAT6. However, it should have been advertised correctly in case someone needs to resize and attach correct CAT6A RJ45 plugs.

I have given it 5 stars due to excellent build quality and excellent Amazon customer service, even after the trouble I went through which was corrected by Amazon at once.

MZ.
review image
22 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2011
These cables have amazing tranfer rate speed, downloading pictures or videos from Youtube. This is like an upgrade from the normal cat 5E ordinary cable. Good product.
on 29 October 2010
what a jolly good piece of kit,it connects my modem to the computer with no hassle at all,and has very good connections on both ends.thanks for a professional product
on 20 April 2011
This cable arrived very quickly and has been in constant use for several weeks. It works really well - so much better than previous cables which seemed to fall apart after a few weeks of my wife pushing and pulling them in and out.!! Top Marks.!!
really high quality works just fine after 2 years of everyday use recommend.
on 2 September 2015
Ok people, this cable has made a huge difference in download speeds with my internet, compare to standard free Virgin cat 5 cable.
As you can see in my picture it has gained 50mbs +.
All for the price of £4
If you are still using a standard cable which came free with your router, I would say throw it away and purchase one of these. You will not be dissapointed, I promise.
review image
on 28 November 2011
People always used to tell me go wireless, its cleaner and easier.
What they didn't tell me is, more unreliable. With this cable i've not had one brown out in nearly a month.
Definitely the future for me.

Arrived as expected on time and safely