on 27 July 2010
Got this cable as I had carried out some research as to what was really necessesay for an HDMI cable. In the shops they would have you believe that you have to spend a fortune on a cable and try to baffle you with bits and bytes. As a professional video producer I kind of know where you need to spend money and where you dont to get good quality results from your equipment. Anyway I had a bit of a look about on the internet and found that you don't realy need to spend a fortune on these espeecialy for consumer use. I also wanted something that looked nice as the cable would be seen and the colour white matched the shelving the TV is on. Wasnt keen on spending next to nothing on the really cheap ones as they probably won't last and will get a loose connection when you move the kit around. I therefore wanted something affordable, yet reliable and will manufactured. I have to say I am complete happy with this cable. It not only arrived promptly, looks good but is also well built. I wholehearedly endorse this cable.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2010
An excellent cable at an excellent price. I ordered this late on a Thursday night for normal 1st class despatch and it arrived the Saturday morning - about 36 hours later.
This is a beautifully constructed cable which will deliver true 1080 Hi Def, and the service from Duronic exceeded my expectations by delivering so quickly. What more can I say, its good quality at a low price and it does what its meant to - can't really ask for more than that.
on 27 July 2010
Bought this cable to go with new Panasonic Blu-Ray player. Set up was easy and a fantastic picture first time. Can't fault this product. Amazing quality and value.
on 22 December 2011
I've purchased quite a few Hdmi cables over the years. And I have to say, this is the best one so far. The Duronic HDC01 Hdmi cable is fantastic!. I really can't put it into words how good the picture looks on my television. The colour, the sharpness, its all amazing! Top quality product at a very reasonable price! I've bought a few. I use them on my Ps3, Xbox 360, and 3D Blu-ray player. I've found a Hdmi cable worthy for my Consoles! There are others in the duronic range. The HDC02, HDC03, HDC50. Overall this is the best one. The HDC01 Hdmi cable takes first place. To some it all up the picture is much more detailed, clearer and more colourful, plus the sound is much clearer too. Take my advice, don't buy a dear Hdmi cable that says its the best and does it all. This Hdmi cable is the best and does do it all at a much cheaper price! I hope this review helps anyone who's not sure which one to buy.
on 11 August 2012
I've bought several HDMI cables from Duronic and all of been excellent quality. This one is no exception. The product is great and is a really premium a product, the image quality is excellent and flawless. The average retails price on cables like this at certain stores are very expensive, so do yourself a favor and buy this one from Amazon!

The 3M length is perfect for hooking up my Dell XPS 15z laptop to my TV for playing films in 1920 x 1080 1080p on Netflix and general multimedia content.

The cable allows the full HD resolution of my laptop to be displayed on my TV with no problems.

A bit of advice for anyone doing a similar setup, you may find the image output from your laptop to the TV will be cut off in some way, even with the native resolution set. A couple of things to try to resolve this are:

1. Set the Picture Mode to "Game" (might also be called gaming) on the TV
2. Disable Scaling in your graphics software i.e. NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Cataylst Control Center
3. Some TV's can be controlled by your GPU's drivers to resize the screen, this can sometimes resolve the cut off issue

There are more options to configure and can vary for each setup, but most of the time its usually the TV settings that need adjusting.
on 7 October 2013
I brought two HDMI cables from Duronics years ago and they were brilliant.

I recently purchased a new X Box which meant I had to remove my entertainment system from the wall in order to run the new cabling.

Whilst I had it all off the wall I seized the opportunity to upgrade the old HDMI cables with the new fan dangled Duronics ones.

I run all the cabling, replaced the HDMI's and popped everything back up on the wall, only to discover that there was a problem with one of the cables.

It goes without saying that I was far from happy, but I figured that these things happen sometimes...!! So, I emailed Duronics for a replacement and they immediately sent me out one and requested I return the faulty cable.

The new cables, like the old ones are absolutely mustard. They offer wonderfully crisp picture clarity and the swivel heads make them perfect for wall mounted flat screen TV's.

Buy from Duronics and you get a great product at a really good price and complete piece of mind that you're dealing with a company that clearly prides itself on offering first class customer service.
on 20 October 2011
Not knowing a great deal about cables I went for this one due to it being aesthetically pleasing. It did not disappoint in this department. My happiness with the item had been offset by the poor make of the cable, it is not particularly malleable and the White casing of the wire has started to fray Within days and I can't see it lasting too long. Dispite it's 3m length it struggles to stretch too far with it staying coiled. Hopefully it will prove me wrong..
on 29 April 2013
I was very positively surrised by this cable, it is thick and connectors are just amazing. Looks very expensive and works very well too. Also thanks to Duronic they included a free casing for iPhone5
on 5 December 2009
I have this cable attached to my Panasonic Viera TV and Sony Vaio laptop. The image is very sharp and in full HD. The cable gives the impression of being very durable and well made. The gold plated connectors are well assembled and come with plastic caps to protect the contacts when not in use.
on 13 February 2011
I bought a Sony 2.1 Cinema sound system and had already bought 1 metre Duronic cable for TV connection of Blu Ray player. I discovered that we could not link the sound etc through the Sony system from our PC, for iPlayer etc, so bought a 3 metre cable for that purpose. Excellent video and sound reproduction. Not an expert but very satisfied with the result. Cable arrived promptly next day aftewr order, couldn't be bettered.