Like 1998's Greatest CD collection, this two-DVD set features all their big hits, including uncensored versions of "Girls on Film" and "Come Undone". Directors include Godley and Creme, Julien Temple, and Vogue photographer Ellen Von Unwerth and the albums covered range from 1981's self-titled debut to 1997's Medazzaland. All told: more models, more hair spray and more mascara than a Paris fashion show--but it's got a better beat (and you can dance to it). --Kathleen C Fennessy
• Go to Union of the Snake on the sub menu, hit the left arrow key, press play or enter on your remote and view the Dancing on the Valentine version.
• Once you have played the first default version of New Moon on Monday, reselecting the video gives you a different version. Similarly, reselecting the uncensored Girls on Film reveals an alternate ending. Ditto Wild Boys for another version.
• Enter Le Galerie de Duran by clicking the 'A' in the word 'GREATEST' on the main menu. This pulls up a gallery featuring the group's album covers and singles sleeves.
When the Planet Earth single sleeve is enlarged, go to the bottom single sleeve (Girls on Film) and press the left arrow button. This takes you to a ''hot spot.'' Press play or enter.
• On the Girls on Film (Short Censored Version) clip, click to enlarge the sleeve. Go to the Play screen icon and press remote's play/enter.
• A Day in the Life featurette is available by highlighting the third single sleeve down while an album sleeve is enlarged. Hit right arrow key and then play/enter.
• While the Seven and the Ragged Tiger sleeve is enlarged, press the up arrow key, then play/enter to hear the band discuss the 1983 LP.
• Watch bandmates chat about the Wild Boys clip by pressing the up arrow key next to the screen's Play icon when its sleeve is enlarged. Hit play/enter. The group's John and Andy Taylor discuss the 007 View to a Kill clip, too.
These videos, and more, will be available on DVD when Capitol Records releases Duran Duran The Greatest DVD video anthology. The 2-DVD collection brings together all the videos from Duran Duran's years with EMI and Capitol records (1981-1994). Every video from their debut "Planet Earth" to "Come Undone" is included, along with uncensored versions, alternate cuts and select press interviews.
Every Duran Duran video was an epic visual romp through the styles, fashions and sounds of the time, from the new-wave synth riffs of "The Chauffer" to the innovative acid house beats of "All She Wants Is," or the epic balladry of "Ordinary World." Also included on the collection are the now legendary uncensored versions of "Girls On Film" and "Come Undone."
This DVD also contains extras with alternate versions of the videos marked * along with interview footage, EPK's, La Galerie De Duran and a DVD-ROM section.
DVD 1: 1. Planet Earth * / 2. Girls On Film (long uncensored version) * / 3. The Chauffeur / 4. Hungry Like The Wolf / 5. Save A Prayer / 6. Rio / 7. Is There Something I Should Know? / 8.... Read more ›
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions