The Duracell Pocket Power Charger is a handy portable power solution to keep in your bag, in your car, or on your desk for a variety of USB-powered devices like iPods, iPhones, BlackBerrys and more. Get up to three hours of extra talk time in smartphones (results vary by device and usage behaviour) for calls while you're on the go. The Duracell Portable USB charger works with a wide range of handheld devices and other gadgets with mini/micro USB ports. It’s small and portable and is rechargeable via standard USB port.
How it works: Connect your USB-powered device to the Duracell Portable USB charger with the mini/micro USB cable or tip included or with the cable that came with your device to get back-up power while you are on the go. Recharge the Duracell Portable USB charger over and over again by connecting it to your computer’s USB port with the provided cable. When the light turns from red to green, it’s fully charged and ready to use.
The Duracell Portable Power Pack gives you:
Up to 70% extra power for your mobile phone (results vary by device)
Up to 17 hours of extra time for portable music players*
Up to 15 hours of extra time for Amazon Kindle *
Up to 16 hours of extra time for Bluetooth earpiece*
*Results vary by device and usage behaviour. The before mentioned trademarks, brands and product names are the property of their respective owners.
Charge before use:
1. Connect the mini USB end of the cable provided to the portable USB charger’s IN port (LED is located next to it).
2. Connect the USB end of the cable provided to your computer’s USB port or another USB 2.0 compatible port.
3. The portable USB charger’s charge indicator light turns red to indicate the battery is being charged. The charger can be charged when the switch is either on the ON or OFF position.
4. When the battery is fully charged, the charge indicator light, located at the end of the charger, turns green. Disconnect the charger from the USB cable. The charger is ready to use.
Using the portable USB charger:
1. The portable USB charger must be fully charged before use (see above).
2. For phones with a mini USB charging port, connect one end of the mini USB cable (supplied with the charger) to the phone. For micro USB charging port, attach micro adaptor to mini USB cable. Then, connect the standard USB end to the portable USB charger’s OUT port. For phones with other types of charging ports, a device specific USB cable is not supplied. These are available from almost all electrical retailers.
3. Connect the other end of the USB cable to your device.
4. Turn the portable USB charger switch to the ON position.
5. The LED status light turns green, indicating the portable USB charger is charging your device. The LED status light turns red when the charger is flat and needs to be recharged.
6. When the charger is not in use, the switch must be turned to the OFF position. This will prevent the charger from losing its charge.
The lithium-ion rechargeable battery used in this charging device may present a risk of fire or chemical burn if mistreated. Do not disassemble, expose to heat above 100° C (212°F), or incinerate. Misusing or incorrectly connecting the charging device may cause electric shock to users and damage equipment. Read instructions carefully. The charging device may become warm and may reach 50°C (122°F) under extended high power operation. During operation, keep the charging device away from materials that may be affected by these temperatures.
1. When used correctly, lithium-ion rechargeable batteries provide a safe and dependable source of portable power. However, if they are misused or abused, this may result in leakage, burns, fire or explosion/disassembly, causing personal injury or damage to other devices.
2. Do not disassemble the charging device. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Incorrect reassembly may result in shock or fire hazard.
3. Do not drop or subject the charging device to strong mechanical shock.
4. Do not expose the charging device moisture, water, rain, snow or spray.
5. Do not insert any object into the ports or openings of the charging device.
6. Do not operate the charging device if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, otherwise been damaged in any way.
7. Do not use in environments where the temperature is 40°C (104°F) or greater.
8. Keep out of reach of children.
9. To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug the charging device from any power source before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
When using electrical products, basic precautions should always be practiced including the following:
1. Before using battery charger read all instructions and caution markings on the charger, battery, and device using battery.
2. CAUTION – When used correctly, lithium rechargeable batteries provide a safe and dependable source of portable power. However, if they are misused or abused, this may result in leakage, burns, fire or explosion/disassembly, causing personal injury or damage to other devices. Do not use in environments where the temperature is 40°C (104°F) or greater. Do not disassemble the charging device. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Incorrect reassembly may result in shock or fire hazard.
3. For indoor use only. Do not expose to rain or snow. Do not use in a bathroom.
4. Do not place in or near water or extreme heat.
5. Do not operate charger with damaged plug.
6. Do not operate charger if it has been severely damaged in any way.
7. Do not disassemble charger. Disassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
8. To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the outlet when not in use.
9. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
10. This power unit is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount position.
11. Never use an extension cord or any attachment not recommended by DURACELL, otherwise this may result in a risk of fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
12. For portable information technology devices and office equipment use. The output power taken from the supply must not exceed the rating given on the adaptor. The adaptor is not intended to be repaired by service personnel in case of failure or component defect (unit can be thrown away). The disconnection from line voltage is made by pulling the mains plug. The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible. Indoor use only Protection class II appliance
1 X Portable Power Pack, USB Cable, Instructions