on 22 August 2007
I bought this over a week ago and have found it a great help in practicing for my theory and hazard perception tests. There are tons of video clips to prepare for the hazard part and there's a great feature that allows you to transfer the theory questions onto your mp3 player (great for on the bus on the way to college!).

I found the driving test video really useful to, as it shows you what will happen on the day of your test and what the examiner will mark you on. I can't fault this product in the slightest, there is everything you need that will help you to revise for your tests.
0Comment29 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2008
I bought this CD a few weeks ago, and used it every few days in short bursts. I found the chart that shows your progress over time very useful, it allows you see your achievement in all the different topic areas to show you what areas you may need to go over.

Brilliant product, I scored 49/50 for my theory, I knew I was going to pass as the DVD told me so!!!
The hazard perception part of the DVD is very impressive too, for this part of the test I scored a respecable 62/77 - the pass mark is 44 !!!
Sooooo close to the real thing - its almost cheating!!

Lots of different modes, settings to use to make sure you get the best out of it - but very easy to use.
It allows multiple users!!!BUY IT!!!!
Its all you need and even has handy advice and video footage of Manouvers and good habits for your PRACTICAL Test.
Worth every penny. 110% A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
on 29 October 2007
I shall keep this simple. I started using this at the beginning of the month, took my test at the end and passed easily.

50/50 in the multiple choice
62/75 in the hazard perception

I didn't use anything else. If you sit the official style tests of both kinds the its exactly like the real thing. The multiple choice questions are especially identical to the ones in the official test.

Haven't looked at the things that should help with the practical exam yet but no doubt they'll be equally as helpful.

The only negative I found is that I couldn't read the highway code on my computer screen, not sure why, it was just really blurry. I didn't actually need it so I didn't really mind.
11 comment14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2007
This product is very easy to install and use. It allows for different users, so if someone else in the family wants to practise too, then they can do so without affecting your own feedback.

I revised for an hour or so nearly every night for two weeks and passed first time. I got 49/50 on the questions, though I only passed the hazard perception by 5 marks. Though in fairness, I only used the hazard perception on the dvd 2 or 3 times.

All in all this is a great product I would recommend to anyone, knowing what to expect when you take your exam makes it all the more relaxed.
on 29 May 2008
Overall I'm very impressed with this product. It takes most of the pain out of studying for your tests. However, there is one thing you should be aware of before totally relying on it to practise hazard perception. From my perspective, the standard on this DVD seems to be higher than that of the DSA on the actual test. In other words the hazards on this DVD can be much harder to spot, and the below average quality of the video means that e.g. a cyclist might just be a couple of grainy pixels when you're supposed to spot it.

On the other hand, this DVD is much less sensitive to "cheating" than the DSA test is. It'll let you click a few times per hazard just to ensure you're within the scoring window (you'll see what I mean) whereas the DSA is much quicker to interpret it as cheating and give you a zero for your efforts.

Having said that, there really is no better way to practise, and after straining your eyes with this DVD spotting the hazards in your driving test will almost seem like a holiday. Just remember the "cheating" sensitivity and you'll be fine.
on 3 November 2007
I found the cd great for the theory test! Questions on the cd are almost identical to the ones on the real exam; plenty of videos to practise for the hazard part as well. My advice: if you can not answer all the questions, at least attempt most of them. make sure u do plenty of mocks! And then, you will be absolutely fine trough the whole exam. I tried it and I've passed with 100% on both hazard and theory!!!
As to practical parts of the cd:
If you have a good instructor, you do not really need the cd.He or she will tell you everything,you need to know.
In fact, I found that practical part was sometimes too complicated and boring. So I never really used it. I passed my practical test first time.
on 31 January 2008
If your planning on taking your Theory / Practical driving test soon - this is the CD Rom for you! Its greatly set out and easy to understand. It even includes the test under the exact exam conditions - which helps if you are nervous and wasnt sure what to expect. The 'Show 'n' Tell' section is brilliant because if you are like me and dont have a clue what is under the bonnet of a car - this cd has a step-by-step guide of what you need to show to the person testing you.
Keep practicing and it will work!!
on 26 December 2007
Such a cool piece of software. Passed my theory test first time thanks to this DVD. I was ready in a matter of 2 weeks. You can export the questions to MP3 and listen to them on the move, such a great idea. I would ONLY recommend this product, nothing else comes even vaguely close!

5 STARS buy it now!
on 10 January 2008
very good pc dvd-rom some of the questions i had in the actual theory test so helpd alot , and i also passed!
i have also looked at the other functions on the disk and seem to help alot, would highly recommend !!
on 29 July 2008
It's a definite buy for learner drivers as it has everything you need to practice and learn. The theory test in this program is very similar to the real exam, in terms of questions and the way you answer the multiple choice part of the exam. The hazard perception part of this software is also brilliant. It also uses a similar system to the one used in the official exam. Using this program I achieved 49/50 on the multiple choice part and 50/75 on the hazard perception section. I would highly recommend this program for learner drivers for both the theory and practical side of learning to drive.