Driving Test Success All Tests 2015 Edition (PC DVD)
Platform: PCEdition: All TestsChange
Price:£6.50+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 29 March 2015
The wife and I used this for a few weeks straight, popping on for a couple of mock tests every night until our theory test. The good thing about it is that it gives you a good overview of which categories you should focus on ad it highlights which are your weakest.

It also has handy videos on how to perform manevours and shows you what a practical test might look like.

The wife and I passed our theory first time because of this. I highly recommend this. only issue I had is that the questions associated with a case study at the end of a theory test aren't relevant as in the actual theory you need to read it closely, in this you can get away without doing it.

Hazard perception is also useful to give you a hint what it might be like although my instructor told me not to bother as the CDs are never quite what it is like so I think I only sat one or two to get used to it.
on 30 June 2015
An amazing theory test cd-rom which is well worth its price. It has all the topics that you need to focus on for the theory test as well as all sections are integrated into one cd which is very efficient as well as convenient from the old traditional ones which have a separate cd for the actual questions and a separate one for the hazard percpetion. It also offers a diverse range of ways through which you can analyse your performance focusing on little bits to major sections. In addition it also advices you whether or not you should take the theory test on the basis of your performances in the mock tests which is brilliant. I truly believe that this is the best theory test cd I have ever used. An exceptional product. I do recommend people looking for a theory test cd-rom to buy this one - it is amazing!
on 18 February 2015
I have never left a review for anything but I thought this was worth one. I am not the sort of teenager who would sit down and read through a theory book, I needed something like this cd! I passed my theory today and it is all down to this cd and the 'DVSA theory kit' app. This cd is brilliant and worth every penny! Definitely a must to help you pass your theory test. The hazard perception clips are really useful (be aware that the hazard perception test now use CGI clips so the quality is alot better than the clips on the cd) and the multiple choice questions have the exact same layout as the real thing! Highly recommend:-)
on 9 May 2015
This is great, I got the pc version as I thought it may be better than the dvd. I have seen some reviews saying it looks out dated and that it don't run very good and how it can get confusing, it's not been confusing for me and it don't look out dated at all! (remember I'm using the pc version which updates)

You have everything you need to pass your theory/hazard but the videos aren't the best of quality so sometimes you may miss something.(very rarely)

I really recommend the pc version, I have been practicing for 3 days ( 3-4 hours in total) and I'm getting passes on some theory tests! You all can pass using this!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 17 November 2014
Brand New, great value for money. Easy to use, I think very helpful when preparing for a test. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY A PERSON WHO DOESN'T DO REVIEWS, BUT felt the need to because I am so happy with it :)
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Platform: PCEdition: All TestsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First test of any software is - does it install OK? After loading the disk, I was prompted to run the auto-run executable, which initiated the installation process. You have 2 options - to copy everything (8GB needed) or leave the videos on the DVD (only 500MB needed). I chose the minimum install, and did not find there was any great delay in running videos subsequently.
There is no security code to be entered for installation, just the normal acceptance of licence conditions (including no piracy clause). It asked me if I wanted to install Direct X v9 - this was unnecessary, as I already have Direct X v11, but the install is obviously a bit "dumb" about this. I just de-selected this option.
The software installed fine, and in only a couple of minutes. As soon as I went into the software, it detected an on-line update and asked me if I wanted it. This installed painlessly (although I did have to re-accept the licence).

This is clearly somewhat ancient software, which is able to run on any Windows from XP onwards. I use Windows 7, where it functioned fine, although it did warn me it was reducing the graphics to a "basic" setting for the period of the session (it reverted to normal when I exited).

On the disk are a massive range of materials. You need to watch a long introductory video to get started, as this is the only place where it explains how some of the tests work (I thought this could have more usefully been provided as "chunks" against each section). Sitting through all of this for 15 mins or so was a bit tedious, but I guess you only need to do it once.

There is a huge amount of stuff for you to revise from. You can read material from the latest Highway Code (on-line version) and reams and reams of revision questions. You can also sit mock tests in theory, road signs, etc.
There are examples of the hazard perception videos, and you can also sit a mock exam for these. This is a completely realistic mock test, as once you start it, you have to keep going all the way to the end - there is no exit option until the full 20 mins worth of videos have run their course!
Finally, there are a load of practical videos, showing you various aspects of basic car maintenance, basic manoeuvres on the road, etc.

Although the navigation is effective, it can get somewhat confusing. You have a huge menu list, each item of which then reveals sub-lists below. If you are happy to just plough through the lot, this is no great issue, but finding something specific can sometimes take a few tries ("Was it under there? No. Maybe under that one?" etc.)

A nice extra is that you have the option of generating MP3 files of theory information to a chosen folder on your hard drive or to a connected MP3 player. This will allow you to listen to revision information on the move.

Overall, I think this DVD is pretty good value for money. The only minor annoyances were the slightly clunky installation (including not checking what it already on my PC), the basic graphics, the long introductory video and the occasionally confusing navigation. However, everything worked, all the videos played, the tests ran and marked themselves. After doing some tests, it produced graphs showing how I was doing, whether I was improving and the specific areas of knowledge where I was weakest. If you are serious about passing your test, the investment of a few quid and several hours of your time will be well spent with this DVD.
on 21 September 2014
As an experienced car driver, required to take a theory test for a motorcycle license, I thought I would be able to breeze through it when the time came... then I was advised to think again and do some revision! My instructor recommended this package and I am SO glad he did! As it happens with a couple of weeks of concerted effort using the package, I did actually breeze through the test this week. I would not have had a chance without this well designed and very easy to use package. Buy it - why risk over 30 quid on a a failed test when you can pretty much guarantee success if you use this course properly. QED.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 10 November 2014
Used this a fair amount, didn't use anything else, used it for hazard perception and obviously the theory questions, passed first time with 48/50 on the queations and 65/75 on the hazard perception
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Some interesting facts ...

1. Voluntary testing was introduced on 16 March 1935 by the Road Traffic Act, 1934
2. Compulsory testing was brought in on 1 June 1935 for all drivers and riders who started driving on or after 1 April 1934
3. Driving tests were suspended on 2 September 1939 for the duration of World War 2.
4. HGV licences and tests were suspended on 1 January 1940 because of World War 2.
5. Testing resumed on 1 November 1946 following the end of World War 2 the previous year.
6. On 18 February 1947, a period of 1 year was granted for wartime provisional licences to be converted into full licence WITHOUT passing the test.

Like many other teenagers my sixteen year old son thought that anything he wanted would come to him without too much effort on his part. He applied this idea at school and learnt the hard way that he actually needed to revise if he wished to obtain good GCSE results. Hopefully the second chance he is receiving at college will see him revising for any exams that he wishes to sit to get the qualifications he needs for his choice of career.

You may ask, what has this got to do with reviewing the 'Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 Edition'. Well, my son also has aspirations of driving a car shortly after his seventeenth birthday and in his words "I can drive really well already and the theory test is just common sense" (this is from someone who has driven around an industrial estate a couple of times and has obtained most of his driving knowledge from playing GTA) ... Not much common sense here then!

Anyway I chose to disregard my son's dismissal of revision and chose to review this new product, Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 Edition.

My son was not overly impressed when I waved the Driving Test Success under his nose threatening him with all manner of horrors (namely no more lifts) unless he had a go at the mock theory test that is included on the PC DVD-ROM. This DVD ROM allows you to sit unlimited mock theory tests under exam conditions using official DVSA revision questions covering the same topics as the actual test.

And guess what? Yes he failed ... big time. Still never mind, the great thing about the Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 Edition is that it includes everything you need to prepare and train, for all your tests, including every official DVSA Theory Test revision question, answer and explanation. Also included are brand new high quality hazard perception video clips (using cgi and high definition video clips) detailed progress monitor, the Official Highway Code, printable mock papers and workbook, over 50 driving lesson videos and a full mock driving test.

The in-built progress monitor will keep a track of all of your revision, showing you how well you're doing and when you're ready to sit the official test. However even more importantly it will help you highlight any areas that need a bit more revision.

My son for the first time in his life has been revising extensively using this Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 (PC DVD). Although he still has a fair way to go before he is ready for his test (in age and in knowledge), I am convinced that by continually revising and re-sitting the mock theory tests provided he is getting ever closer to being ready for the big day.

Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 (PC DVD) is extremely good value for money, especially taking into account that you'll even receive FREE online updates until the 31st December 2015 to ensure that your product is always up to date

Oh, another bit of good news ... My son now agrees that revision is most definitely a necessary evil, that just has to be done!
on 19 February 2015
Today I passed my car theory test first time and I owe it to using this disc to revise. I found this a very useful learning tool to prepare for my theory test, as it covered all the essential parts of the test which you need to study, from the multiple choice test to the hazard perception section. It is very realistic to the actual test and incorporates practice test questions which you will find in the real exam as well as the all new CGI hazard clips.

I would advise anyone to buy this disc when revising for your car theory test - it worked for me & will work for you!! :)