Format: PaperbackChange

on 21 March 2011
Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual, is a very comprehensive guide to building a website using Dreamweaver CS5.

It is written in a style that makes it easy for relatively basic computer users, to go through step by step. However it is also written in enough depth to satisfy those with a need to go beyond to basic.

Once thing that would be great to have added into the book would be a guide on how to easily setup for instance a blog, or incorporate some other website features. Whilst this wouldn't necessarily fall under the heading of learning Dreamweaver's functionality, combined with the rest of the book it would prove an invaluable guide for anyone wishing to set up a website.

A good book, that can be skim read and can be read out of order (IE. the most relevant chapter to ones needs can be read first.)
on 27 February 2011
Had to get this book for a university course i am doing. i have never attempted to make a website before but this book makes it very easy to make a site. The step by step instructions are brilliant and I love the way they cater for both the mac and windows versions of dreamweaver seeing as I work on both but mainly on my Macbook.

P.S brand new condition off Amazon again, brilliant site for books can't fault the service.
on 24 April 2011
I am a graphic designer who has moved into web design. Over the last few months I have been learning dreamweaver through on-line tutorials. They are OK and I have learnt a fair amount. However since buying this book I have come on in leaps and bounds. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to gain the confidence to design web pages for a living. This book is the missing manual and much more.
on 23 November 2010
At last - a manual that is readable and helpful. Really impressed with this manual. It's making my life a lot easier with Dreamweaver CS5. Recommended.
on 14 August 2010
I'm not a great one for writing reviews but just got to say what a great book this is. Similar to other Missing Manuals its written in a lyrical and interesting way without being too flat. So it keeps the interest going and is peppered with well written tutorials that don't lose you. Another great production by the O'Reilly team well done....
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2011
This book helped me to produce better websites & get a greater understanding of the finer things I didn't understand. 10 out 10!!!
on 24 October 2011
After reading all the reviews I decided to buy the missing manual. It is clear precis and excellent for an experienced Dreamweaver developer like myself. I need to spend time doing more chapters but well worth purchase.
on 16 May 2012
This manual really should have came in the box.

With downloadable content to aid tutorials, this book really gets you started on the way to building websites.

I am brand new to Dreamweaver and have found the book extremely useful. The detailed walk through guides in this book have helped me a great deal.

Whether you're experienced using this software or not, this manual is great to refer back to.

I would recommend this product to anyone using Dreamweaver CS5.5.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2012
From basic layout using CSS to data base driven sites, this book covers everything you could possibly want in an easy to follow manner and in great detail.
That last point could be considered it's greatest flaw as it is a bit too wordy and does tell you every possible method of doing everything.
However, highly recommended. You won't be disappointed.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2011
I had some very basic knowledge of Dreamweaver from a few years ago and decided to buy this manual to 'start again' teaching myself to build sites. It is very well written, minimises web jargon and contains tutorials to help the info sink in! Well worth the money. Have also purchased the 'Missing Manual' for Flash CS5 on the back of this so I'm hopeful this lives up to expectation.