on 28 November 2014
I’ve read many books on lucid dreaming and after a while, they are all pretty repetitive: this is what lucid dreaming is, here’s a technique or two, and here are tons of examples.

Charlie’s book is refreshingly different. The guy has a very intimate understanding of the lucid dreaming state and he communicates this in a clean and clear manner, without having to fluff the book with examples.

It’s aimed at a novice audience but also addresses the ‘why’ of lucid dreaming…something that, in my opinion, is rarely touched upon by other authors. Lucid dreaming has powerful applications for personal and spiritual growth which move beyond the recreational experience such as integrating shadow aspects and understanding the death and dying process. Not only can you work with nightmares but you can also uncover, understand, accept and transform self-limiting beliefs and fears. Charlie dances fearlessly through these themes and the enthusiasm he conveys in doing so is infectious.

In sum, if you want a clear guide on what lucid dreaming is, how to do it, and why to do it, then this is the book for you. I’d recommend reading this and then Robert Waggoner’s ‘Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self’.
on 18 November 2013
I believe that this book is more aimed towards those who are just starting or have gained an interest in lucid dreaming without experiencing lucid dreaming for themselves yet. For someone who has read other books on lucid dreaming I found some of the information in this book very familiar, yet Charlie brings a very personal touch to many of these aspects which is different.

One thing I would've liked (personally) would have been the dreams of Charlie's to be spread throughout the book rather as references at the back.

Either way it's a very enjoyable read and despite the level of dreaming you're at you will certainly learn from this book.
on 11 September 2015
Definitely a book to buy!

I've read multiple books on lucid dreaming but there’s always been so much gibberish and separate examples of lucid dreaming, that I was unable to understand the actual purpose of why people lucid dream.

Charlie has given a clear and direct approach into lucid dreaming. His clear explanations certainly make the read very understandable.

Charlie definitely has a lot of passion for lucid dreaming and this comes across perfectly with his good sense of humour in his books. I particularly enjoyed reading Charlie’s selection of lucid Dreams. This section really gives a more personal approach and understanding as to what your mind is truly capable of.

Charlie’s techniques are very easy to do and with many of them being during the sleeping hours, there really is no excuse not to give them a try!

Such an enjoyable read and I definitely recommend to anyone who is interested in or looking to learn how to dream lucidly!
on 26 October 2013
The techniques in this book are simply life changing. I used one technique to decide on a change in career which helped me set up my own business. Another helped with my bereavement over my father. My dream recall is stronger and I'm starting to develop a stronger awareness with my sleeping mind. I generally become disengaged with long winded books but Charlie's way of writing made it easy to breeze through. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking transformation, healing and joy.
on 31 March 2015
After a very bad year in my life I have been undergoing a huge change and reading and therapy have been a big part of it. I have completely transformed my way of thinking and behaving which at almost 58 is not a simple thing to achieve, or better… as soon as you discover that your life could be a lot better if only you changed your outlook on life and the way you see the world and yourself (not who you are but the way you handle your life) it is not difficult anymore! I have no idea how I came across the subject of lucid dreaming but it was surely while doing some research on books on spirituality. I have to confess that I had never heard of such dreams although many people I now talk to have heard of them and some even experienced lucid dreams. The concept intrigued me and this book by Charlie Morley seemed the right one for a first approach on the subject. The book is written from the heart and one feels the passion Charlie has for the subject. Because he is so enthusiastic you find yourself reading more and more and doing all the exercises he proposes. Have I managed to have any lucid dream yet? No, so far I am having trouble even remembering my dreams but that might be because I am on anti-depressants. Funny enough the first few nights, while reading the book, I did dream a lot and my dream diary got quite full but then they somehow dried out. I am sleeping much better though… and recently I had a dream in which I was washing some guys curly hair and the hair felt very real, like I could really feel the texture? Maybe that was the start of a lucid dream. The day before I got the book I also did something I have done in the past, which is starting to wake up and then choosing to go back to the same dream. Maybe I was already being inspired by the fact that I had ordered a book on the subject. Other than that I have to say that I have never been interested in the meaning of dreams and was therefore happy that Charlie doesn’t think that decoding the dreams is something one should engage in. I have also ordered his CD but I haven’t had the time to listen to it yet. Now that I have got interested in lucid dreams I won’t stop training until I have managed to have some and once I taste what it is to become lucid in a dream I am sure that I will never go back to my old, uneventful nights. I have to say that being quite a creative person I have always been able to at least remember bits of my dreams and I used to live a second life during the night. But this book is more than a just a book about the theory and practice behind lucid dreaming, it is also very informative as far as sleep and dreaming in general goes.
on 26 September 2015
Great book - There is a lot of text about the history and Buddhism, but I think it is good to learn about lucid dreaming from its original sources, rather than just seeing the practice as a new age concept, which is certainly the view amongst a lot of people I know.
I also like to respect the religion and practices of things that ultimately benefit people.
For anyone who makes the effort and practices the methods in this book properly, lucid dreaming is a real eye opener and the benefits I can see are very positive and life changing. Your limits are your own imagination and passion for life.
on 22 November 2013
This book is not only easy to read, but its has so many facts that back it up. Its a great book and I feel everyone should read this book as it open the doors to many fun and interesting practises that can benifit us all.
I cant put the book down and since reading this book have had a lucid dream for the first time since I was a young child. This book will be a gift to many this Christmas but not only from me.
Thank you Charlie you are spreading light to the world.
on 28 October 2013
I like the fresh and easy-going writing style of Charlie and the combination of western science and the knowledge of the buddhistic tradition. Charlie is also a dancer (Breakdance!) and I love it, how this background is lighting up in several lines in the book, so I can absolutely identify with it.
It is a wonderful starting point for Beginners and also a good repetition with more detailed informations to give you more inspiration if you already know the basics.
I also like this little examples here and there to get a better picture like explaining emptiness: "Meaning that if we were to force together all the atoms of all the humans who had ever lived and then remove the empty space in those atoms, the entire human race would fit into an area the size of a sugar cube."
This book will give you a great overview of useful technique's to become lucid in your dreams!
on 4 January 2016
Respect to Charlie for writing an accessible and intelligent guide to this fascinating topic, and also to his brave and persevering one-minded practice over the last 20 years. I've just started practicing myself, so don't know how that will go, but this book demystifies the practice and makes it sound doable.
on 24 November 2013
Really good helpful guide to lucid dream practices. Considered and well thought out as well as fun. A great read.