* After his US R&B success with "Reach For It" (1977) and "Dukey Stick" (1978), DREAM ON was jazz'n'funk pioneer George Duke's eighth album for Epic Records.
* Released in 1982, DREAM ON was one of George's best selling albums for Epic, a US Top 20 R&B, Top 10 Jazz and Top 100 pop charted album. The single, `Shine On' was also George's fourth biggest R&B-charted single, a success on the dance music charts and George's second highest pop chart entry during his Epic years.
* The master keyboardist was the primary writer on most of the album's ten tracks with the exception of the title tune, co-penned by Felton Pilate of Con-Funk-Shun fame.
* DREAM ON's line-up includes Ndugu Chancler on drums, Byron Miller on bass and Michael Sembello on guitar. Renowned vocalists Jean Carn and Flora Purim are also featured on `Son Of Reach For It (Funky Dream),' a continuation of George's 1978 classic `Reach For It.' Key cuts on DREAM ON include the funky `Ride On Love,' another US R&B charted single and a remake of `Someday,' which George had recorded in 1975.
* DREAM ON is one of four George Duke classic jazz/funk albums being reissued by SoulMusic.com Records in 2011. This expanded edition includes US single edits of `Shine On' and `Ride On Love.'