Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-5 of 5 questions
vote
No - this is an ADSL+ modem, and won't work on Infinity which is Fibre.
11 Oct 2014 by Wheaty73
vote
Hi Gary, I use one of these modems and the Internet light is also off. The reason in your case why the Internet light is off is because your Apple Airport is your router and handles the broadband authentication (ie you set it up with your broadband username and password) the Draytek modem just passes the Internet straight through to your Apple Airport and is acting as a bridge from the ADSL phone line to Ethernet. So the Draytek modem will not have the Internet light on as it is not a router just a modem. I use these modems when setting up new business networks, they are very good and reliable. Hope this helps.
31 Dec 2014 by Steve Taylor
votes
I cannot answer for the router but certainly works well with my Apple Time Capsule cum WiFi router.
4 Mar 2014 by Graybobs
votes
This cable modem works best with a pure play router - i.e. not an ADSL modem/router - just a router. I know many people have problems with IP conflicts when they add it to an ADSL modem/router - I guess this is what you are experiencing with the Netgear router. Unlikely it has anything to do with BT broadband - I am BT as well and works perfectly with Apple time capsule/router. I would get into the Netgear innards (168.150 etc) and see if you can resolve the IP conflicts manually.
7 Mar 2015 by Barkersoldbean
votes
Hi Duncan The Draytek 120 and 130 modems will not work with Virgin media (VM). VM use their own connection method and as far as I know you can only get a suitable modem from them. If you are trying to use an alternative router you can switch the virgin router to modem mode and then take an Ethernet feed from it into a router of your choice. See the following for information on how to do this - http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27555&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable I hope that helps
17 days ago by I Want Routers
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers