on 16 May 2015
Excellent tool for loosening the earth around a root so you can pull the whole weed out in one go. A quick press on the raised earth with your foot after you' re done and nobody would know. Used on fairly sandy found, it seems to work equally well in dry and damp earth. The handle is hollow plastic so feels lightweight but the metalwork is a good design to get leverage off the ground and the handle seems to be strong enough after a good 2 hours of pulling all sorts of weeds from our back lawn. My hand is feeling the handle a little but that's probably my fault for not wearing gloves.
Dandelions are the main problem but also spreading weeds - this is good because you can use it a bit like a comb to lift the feelers out of the grass and locate the central root - then you use it just the same as for a dandelion.
on 26 August 2013
cheap price with a prompt delivery, good name of draper tempted me to buy this instead of a cheaper like for like product,
unfortunately it snapped in half in first 10 minutes of using it, too flimsy and weak.
on 4 July 2013
I bought this weeder as I had lost an old iron one. The prongs are slightly too far apart for digging buttercups and daisies out of a lawn. Fortunately I found the old iron one and have resorted to that.
on 19 June 2013
Damn things parachute in and the lawn was covered in them. This really helped dig them out - the only reason I didn't make it 5 stars was I would have liked the tines just a bit longer.
on 29 July 2014
Really did work! Best tool I've tried for pulling out those devilish dandelions.
on 19 October 2014
Great, I use against marestail and bindweed mostly, invaluable tool.
on 9 September 2015