on 9 August 2010
I recently attempted to start doing some work on my Kawasaki ZZR600. I was using a normal screwdriver and the screw started to round. This was the first screw as well to add to my frustration. I stopped rounding the screw and looked up some ways of getting the screw out. I heard that the impact screwdriver could be the answer i was looking for. I took a risk and bought the product which was cheap and had good write ups. Well to my surprise it worked an absolute treat. Took one hit with the hammer and the screw came loose. I would definetly recommend it as a must have tool especially to anyone with a motorcycle of a good few years weathered.
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2009
Successfully removed a S/S screw which had bonded to an alunimium bar when nothing else would touch it. Worth every penny. Good price too.
on 31 May 2012
Purchased when I wanted to replace the brake discs on my car and not have to pay the high garage charges, excellent choice. Very good quality with a large range of bits,everything I needed,very pleased.
on 7 February 2011
Buying this was the last throw of the dice in an attempt to removed the solid screws from my cars disc brakes. Previous attempts using a powerdrill had left the screw heads in a sorry state, despite this the impact driver was able to do its stuff and removed all 8 screws from the 4 wheels. I can only give this 4 stars as one of the bits did become slightly mangled but only after a lot of abuse!
VINE VOICEon 29 September 2007
I needed an impact screwdriver due to a screw that even a mains-powered drill couldn't shift - even when I could feel the heat coming off the motor the screw just wasn't shifting.

So an impact screwdriver was the last ditch attempt to turn the screw before giving up and replacing the broken appliance. Hence one of these arrived.

The instructions are a little confusing at first in terms of exactly which way around everything is supposed to go (i.e. whether the screw is to go in or come out), and I found a few times the force of hitting it changed the direction of drive. I also broke a #3 Pozidrive bit, which Amazon replaced very quickly under warranty.

It does the job, and seems to do it well, and aside from the minor niggles above I rate it highly.
on 7 August 2012
I bought this driver as I'm restoring a 30 year old motorbike - it's bound to have stuck screws at some point, and even if not, it's one of those tools that I know I'll need in the future because there've been occasions in the past when it'd have been handy!

It's solidly built and was inexpensive and arrived promptly, and I find Draper products to be pretty good.

I always read previous customer reviews when buying items like this, particularly the bad ones in case there are points I haven't thought about that I should bare in mind, and this appeared to be well thought-of by most customers. The opinion one reviewer wrote saying it didn't fit in its tin seems inaccurate - it comes with an assortment of different driver bits - some are narrow (flat-head bits) and others are fatter (phillips-head bits). The tin will close if you arrange those bits correctly around the driver. I'll concede that perhaps a slightly bigger tin would alleviate this issue altogether.

Overall, I think it's a great product that I can't see letting me down - thumbs up from me!! (If it falls apart 1st time I use it, you can be sure I'll amend this review!)
on 30 September 2009
Bought to remove a stubborn screw in wall. Tried everything I could but would not move.
Have now used this several times which has saved time, money, bruised fingers & swearing.
on 8 July 2015
I bought this Draper Impact Driver because I had a really stubborn screw which defied all my attempts to get it to budge. Unfortunately, at the first good thump, the item broke apart; in detail, the retaining clip on the bezel came off, followed by the bezel, followed by the ball bearings kept in place by the bezel. I did eventually get everything back together again, only for th eretaining clip etc. to come out again on the next thump.

So, in my experience, this is a shoddyproduct and a waste of money. It is not possible to give a zero-star rating, so I'm giving this product one star; at least, the screw driver bits can be used with a drill.
on 12 January 2013
I purchased this item to remove a stuck screw in an oak gate fixing. It eventually did the job but every few whacks with the hammer it reset itself to screwing 'in' rather than 'out' - just remember to keep checking the direction it is turning. Not sure if this is just a 'friday afternoon job' that I have bought or whether this is a general failing. Can't see myself using this very often but useful to have on the odd occasion it is needed. The case will close if you tilt it away from you and exert gentle pressure - not a brilliant design though.
on 22 October 2014
Tool seems well made and appears like it would do the job for many years but the case it came in seems to ill fit and expect the clip to break on the metal case within very few uses hence the 4 stars. Should the container have been more hard wearing I would have given 5 stars. I will probably buy a cheap plastic box and put the tool in for safekeeping.