on 10 February 2010
I bought this to put in the car following recent snow problems. Used in once to get me out of a problem whilst all around looked on in envy. Great tool for the locker. This is one I will not lend out to friends or family.
on 4 June 2010
Its well built so its not going to break the first time you use it, in fact it will last for years, quick-ish to fold, and very compact, but quite heavy being made completly of steel and could also do with being a bit longer, but works well. overall a good product.
on 4 November 2010
bought one to keep in the car, especially in winter. Used it several times last winter, but mostly at home, as, after the first heavy snowfall, I had to dig out the garden shed to get the big shovel!
It was also useful to remove snow from bushes and trees, where the big shovel was very unwieldy.
on 7 November 2011
I wanted to buy the Draper Folding Boot Shovel for my brother since he is a new driver and the winter weather is almost upon us. I bought one last year and found it great in the winter weather of 2010/11.
When I received this item it was quite similar to the item highlighted but not identical. It was a folding shovel but was not of the Draper brand.
There was no mention on any of the documentation that it was a substitute product - I didn't really mind; but it should have been acknowledged.
66 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2011
Arrived quickly. Nice neat size when folded. Folds and becomes rigid easily. Seems to be really sturdy so far too. Used it a couple of times. Cut through our heavy, soggy soil with ease. Just wanted to test it out before using it when we go camping. Not really a replacement for the normal spade you keep in the garage or hut, the smaller blade would be frustrating for anything large scale, but great for mobile shovelling.
on 5 February 2010
I got this shovel during a really bad spell of winter weather as I wanted to carry it in the back of my car. As the boot of my car is relatively small ( a Mini ) it is ideal. I have not used it yet to clear a lot of snow but I have used it on a small area. The design is very good as the folding mechanism is straightforward.
on 21 August 2012
I bought one of these some time ago to carry when camping. I haven't needed to dig with it till now. I dug one small hole in fairly soft ground and as I dug it began coming apart around the handle. It's just flimsy rubbish. I don't even think it would be adequate for digging in compressed snow. It's badly made and has sharp edges where the blade attaches to the handle which could inflict a nasty cut. Don't waste your money on one of these.
on 1 February 2014
Great item in case of emergency, easy fold and takes up very little space, I've used it for stones, sand and snow. Every car should have one.
on 2 November 2011
Bought a couple of these to keep in the cars as winter is approaching, too many times have we been out and needed to free a wheel or spread some grit. This is small enough to keep tucked away in the car boot but sturdy enough to help us get moving again. The supplied case is a good fit though we will probably keep it in the box to stop it rattling against things ;-)
on 30 December 2009
Bought this shovel for my husband to have as an emergency shovel when away camping. It has been used once and did the job perfectly so will be staying in our camper for future use. A great little piece of essential camping kit.

See one answered question