Package Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:£18.99+ Free shipping

on 30 August 2011
This thing is not well balanced. With a 0.8mm bit holes always come out at a mm or more (this is with the tool mounted in a good press). The collets are badly machined so that the tip of the drill makes a circle. Buy a Dremel.
on 21 August 2011
During my first proper use of the Multitool, its locking-nut stopped locking. This made it impossible for me to slacken off the collet to fit different heads. Impressed by its concept, if not its performance, I returned it to Amazon and ordered a Dremel 300 as a replacement. The Dremel appears to be much better built (as one would expect from Bosch), and certainly runs much cooler than the Draper 79340, which may be signficant.
11 comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2011
I bought this as opposed to buying a Dremel as the price seemed reasonable. False economy, don't ever consider this.
I used it first to clean rust from blades with the sanding drums-these lasted about 30 seconds before they needed changing.
I then used the cutting discs to cut sheet steel- I used 7 to cut ten inches of thin steel. They wear down within seconds or shatter. Simple tasks take five times as long due to changing discs constantly.
Now, that was just the accessories.
The tool itself gets hot, very hot. It also vibrates far too much and is VERY LOUD!!
Eventually, the locking button that you need to constantly depress whilst undoing the collet broke so I couldn't remove the mandrel. You had to wrestle the button down whilst trying to undo the collet so it's inevitable that this would break eventually. After reading the customer reviews, this seems to be a common problem so is obviously a design flaw.
Don't even let the price seduce you into buying this, it's absolutely useless. I'm sending mine back tomorrow and am going to pay the extra for a Dremel.
22 comments53 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2013
I bought this essentially for a single project: to countersink some screw holes (six!) in acrylic. Even with such lightweight use it got surprisingly hot but it did the job. I used the tool on the lowest setting and every contact with the thin (3mm!) plastic noticeably slowed the tool down, in one case nearly to a standstill. The tool felt unweildly in the hand and the design clearly has multiple issues (fragile lock button right near the chuck, tool required to change tips, poor build quality). For extremely limited use for engraving, sanding or countersinking this is probably ok but for anything involving cutting or prolonged use, I could not recommend this.
on 21 October 2011
I bought this mainly to use as an engraver but thought that this would be better value for money than a standard engraver
To use this tool as an engraver you have to hold it like a pen, ok if you only need it running for a couple of minutes anything longer and it starts to get really hot and I mean painfully hot.
I had to resort to using gloves to finish the job and don't expect this tool to last very long before it seizes up or goes into meltdown.
on 10 January 2011
Quite simply, Dremel tools are like the Mercedes of the multi-toll world, top quality and more expensive. This is like a decent Ford Mondeo, in that you get all the tools and gadgets, a good case for carrying it around in, a decent instruction booklet listing each additional tool and how many you get. Personally I think this is an unbeatable deal when you look at the cost vs what a Dremel gives you. And you get a 2yr warranty which seems pretty good to me as well. A winner all round.
on 20 October 2010
The Item turned up well packaged as always with Amazon goods,however upon opening the case the 56 accessories were scattered all over the box. Best transferred into another box as all the bits will not fit in case once used.
The Multi tool is good sturdy quality and works very well. Fits in hand well allowing for turning it whilst using. The speed changer is easily accessed.
My only other gripe so far is the button you use to change the bits is a little cheap and clicks when using the supplied spanner. Not enough cons to outweigh the pros. Fit all my existing drem bits with no problems.
9/10
22 comments26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2011
I bought this item for de-burring and engraving part numbers onto metal
Once I fitted the various grinding wheels, engraving tips etc I noticed straight away that there is no way of balancing the accessory
And because of this the accessory wobbles around like crazy thus creating vibration into you hand and causing the bearings inside the unit to get red hot! And due to the accessory not being balanced it's impossible to deburr anything smoothly it always ends up looking terrible

Don't buy this item it's pants save up for a dremel it's far superior! If you can't afford a dremel try using a pick axe you will get a better finish on the product!!!'
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2012
I suppose for the price the product is fair. The included tools are extremely cheepo; The wire wheel had no more bristles after one short use. I've not tried the others, but in my experience with rotary tool accessories, they are very likely all good for only one use. Easy enough to purchase Dremel or Proxon tools; too bad the included arbors are drilled off center. The arbor that fits Dremel size tools was okay though, so I guess I got lucky there. In hindsight, for the price of a decent set of accessories, plus the cost of changing the plug to Euro standard 220V, plus the cost of the machine, I could have gotten a better product for a little extra money that would have included a good set of tools. The motor is pretty powerful, no complaints there; and the vibration was not bad at all. I've seen far, far worse; in fact my first Dremel was much worse, but they've come a long way. It's no Proxon however, but neither is the price. I suppose my chief complaint would be the brilliant design feature that facilitates exhausting molten hot air right on your fingertips. Wear gloves if you're going to use it for more than a couple minutes. Or you could circumvent this with a drive extension that is not included. (It was included with the one I found after I already purchased this one for about the same price) Bottom line: Good powerful motor that burns your fingers. Wear gloves and buy a good tool set. I wouldn't buy this again.
on 22 April 2010
Excellent value for the price, easily outperforms some of the more expensive equialent tools.

Full accessory kit, and does what it says on the box, overall, fully satisfied with the product.
0Comment38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse