on 6 May 2010
Hi.

This was my first multimeter. It's well featured and well priced but, like another reviewer said, loose bits and pieces inside ! Unbelievable.

I opened mine up to try and remove whatever was loose inside (thus invalidating my warranty) and they were either ball-bearings or little sphere of loose solder !

Anyway, i couldn't get to them because i would have had to remove breadboard.

Now, 7 months later, it has died. I have changed the fuse, no good.

DONT BUY THIS METER !
on 5 January 2010
I have used this type of meter for several years, it is compact and has all facilities and necessary accuracy for general purpose DIY use. I bought this to replace one I damaged, only disadvantage it is not fused but that is easily remedied by putting an external inline fuse in one test lead. Good value for money.
on 5 December 2007
I bought this mainly for checking fuses and the like around the house so i didn't want anything too fancy or expensive. This fits the bill perfect and works very nicely. It even came with a 9V battery in the box and some nice little rubber caps to protect the probe tips.

Delivered on time, although the amazon packaging was rather tatty and looked like the Home Delivery Network didn't take much care of it. Item still worked OK though.
on 7 April 2005
As tradesman this is an essential tool of my trade. This item is very good quality and built for durability and at this price a bargain.
on 18 October 2010
Hmmm. You get quite a lot of functionality for your money but I don't think the build quality is particularly good. The "Function and Range Selector Switch" (i.e. the large circular switch in the middle of the front of the device) was *very* stiff to begin with, but now turns freely rather than "clicking" between values. I am *extremely* careful with all my tools and always treat them with respect, so I refuse to believe that this was me being heavy-handed. The device still works but I have to be careful selecting different functions/ranges. I am not hopeful for the long term, frankly!
on 29 November 2009
Great little product, does what you would expect and in fact a lot more given the price. It replaced a similarly meter I had for over 10 years, but dropped and this does a lot more than the original and was only about one tenth of the price. Some other mentioned the buzzer isn't especially loud but that is about the only thing I can find fault with and again at this price it isn't really a problem. Cheap, accurate, well made; does pretty much what most poeple whoudl ever want from a digital meter.
on 21 August 2009
The first impression is that it feels right and fits neatly in the hand. The outer cover is removable allowing access to the batteries. The display is good and the general build quality is high. I like that you can store the previous reading and that there is a backlight. The leads are well designed, sharp pointed with additional protective covers.
I have found no faults with this product.
on 12 April 2012
I have been looking around for a replacement multimeter and this is the best I have seen for the money. For my application (battery, charging system and continuity tests on my Motorcycles) I only need a cheap one. They are all as accurate as each other (0.5%) as the actual circuitry is more or less the same (I have tested this one agains others and it is accurate).

The Draper Multimeter cost me £12.88 but I have spent more on worse kit before. I got a 'lazer' multimeter from Halfords that cost £16 and is very poorly built by comparison. The 'lazer' one does the job and is accurate, but it is very flimsy (would not stand to be dropped), has no hold function (useful when you run out of hands), has no continuity test function, no backlight and only tests a maximum current of 5 amps (so I can't do an 'ignition-on' current draw test on my Bonnie, as that will (or is supposed to) take around 8 amps).

I have since found out from reviews on other sites that the RRP for the Draper multimeter is ~£20 which makes sense. The quality of this kit is what I would expect (and have seen in shops) for £20-£25; that makes it about half the price you would reasonably expect to pay for a multimeter of this quality in the shops. It is an extremely good deal!
on 5 January 2010
I've just returned 2 of these, each had loose internal cables on delivery, this is a poor quality product. I've now bought a UNI-T meter elsewhere, it did cost £20 but it is a high quality product and makes you realize just how poor the Draper is in comparison - there are cheaper UNI-T meters which are also of the same high quality.
on 19 October 2014
The rotary range switch on my multi meter is defective.Hence I have no confidence in this measuring instrument.One of the test leads after minimal use became open circuit .I do not recommend this measuring instrument.