Size: 8 UK|Colour: Black|Change

on 21 December 2015
I live in Glasgow where rain is waiting round every corner so I need shoes that won't let me down. Martens do their job perfectly. You have to choose size carefully though. Firstly I chose 9, which I usually wear, but it was too big. When I changed it to 8, it seemed like they were too small, but they just need to fit to your feet. Bit sore in the beginning, but now like second, heavy-duty skin. I love them.
on 28 April 2015
I have worn Dr. Marten boots for over thirty years. You can depend on these boots - they won't let you down. That said, I purchased a new pair last week and note considerable difference in the quality of boot from what they used to be. The sole is still the original, however, the upper is different. The leather is thin, almost doeskin, and has a texture/patina of being almost like PVC. On the inside of the tongue it states "Made in Vietnam". The boots are comfortable and I hope they last for the usual six years of constant use I give my boots (living in the countryside they need to perform with no fuss and no hassle). I have given my boots a good look-over and I reckon, even though made in Vietnam, the quality is still there. They are a very well made boot and irrespective of whether made in UK or Vietnam they should serve me well - Dr. Marten boots never let you down. So, my conclusion is buy with complete confidence with one caveat - these boots are not the original UK made boots, rather, Vietnamese. But don't let that put you off. The quality of the manufacturing process is high and evident. The boots will come in a brown cardboard box with a big printed logo "Original Dr. Martens" and a spare pair of yellow laces in a small cellophane zip-lip bag; all neatly and securely wrapped up. Enjoy your boots because they're one of life's essentials that won't let you down; year after year after year.
Edit (21st Mar. 2016) Almost one year after purchase I can confirm the following: Sole has badly worn down around outside edge of heel. The leather is prone to cracking and falling away: one inch crack (hole) on upper where toes flex on right and left side of boot. Same problem on other boot. These boots were worn daily and used for walking dog. Almost one year of daily use has destroyed them. Therefore, I change product rating to 2.
on 18 April 2014
Always wanted a second pair of Dr Martin boots after my last pair went to shoe heaven some 15 years ago. They look great but when new they still rub badly above the big toe joint but don't take too long to break in.
on 2 January 2014
I needed a new pair of Purple Doc's as my old pair no longer fitted. So when I saw these I thought great. When I got the boots I was very disappointed. The quality I was used to was no longer there the boots were not made the same. The leather is a lot thinner the soles are not as good and the boots are narrower all in all very disappointing. finally why are they no longer made in England? The home of Dr Martens.
VINE VOICEon 26 October 2015
Got these at a great price...and really pleased with them
I got size eights...my feet generally fit a size 9...but these are a good fit.
The sizes I would say are "Generous"....I had a pair of size 9 bought for me a few years back...and they were big on me.

Classic DM Styling...yellow stitches ...love it
on 5 May 2015
I ordered a size 8, after I previously laid my hands on a size 9 (My usual size in trainers) which were far too long, but a comfortable width.

The 8's I've received are certainly snug, especially around the little toe and the top of my foot where the tongue joins the boot, these areas will no doubt stretch with more wear. I intend to purchase some of DM's own Wonder Balsam to rub into the leather, and wear them about the house a bit, before taking them on the road... wouldn't want to be stuck out and about with crushed/battered feet.

For reference, if anyone wants to know, the pair I received were made in Vietnam. Some reviews I've read have stated that out of the non-UK produced boots, these offer the best longevity and fit one broken in. Naturally, I assume it all depends on your own feet and usage of the footwear. But I certainly hope these will last me quite some time.
on 5 April 2016
These were literally the cheapest dm's I have ever seen online and I just had to buy them! I have about 10 pairs and I absolutely love all of them. When I first put the new dm's on, they were so tight across the tops of my feet and left slight bruising, but as always (for me anyway) after 3 days of wearing them, they fit so comfortably now. They came alot faster than the estimated delivery date, because apparently they're still on the way :') but yeah, I have nothing but good things to say about these boots! Even if some people don't like them because they aren't the 'Made in England' ones.. I think they're great!

(Picture one is when I first got them, and the others are right now :D)
review image review image review image
on 27 October 2015
Boot are not real Doc Martins.
on 3 November 2015
These were ordered for my husband. The boots arrived before the estimated date and were of excellent quality. Great service and product.
on 20 February 2013
these boots replaced my 2 year old dockers, but the heel wore through to the air pockets in less than 2 months. They are manufactured in asia and the quality has declined. Won't be buying any more :(