Size: 11 UK|Colour: Black smooth|Change

on 27 March 2012
Having bought my third pair of Doc Martens shoes in about sixteen years I am absolutely disgusted at the appalling poor quality since they are now made in China. I buy them for the comfort, not for heavy use as I am a Driving Instructor and so only wear them whilst sitting in the car. I have had my latest pair for about fourteen months and the first thing I noticed was that they did not polish up well at all and despite using several polishing rags they still had a dull finish. Having previously worked in shoe manufacturing I came to the conclusion that a much cheaper leather was being used and as I had worn them I decided to just put up with it. I recently discovered that the leather at the side of the right shoe had become very rough and cracked and no ammount of polish would alter the appearence of it. Today I noticed a small hole in the same area, something which I have never had before from a pair of Docs which are by no means cheap. I no longer have the receipt from the shop where I bought them but if I did they are past the Gurantee period. Its such a shame something which was for many years an excellent well made British product has become a victim of the cheap labour market to increase profit margins while the qulity has been compromised. I would not recommend DR Marten shoes to anyone and will never buy another pair as they are not value for money.
on 7 January 2016
Took a bit of a gamble buying these through Amazon, paid £68 in comparison to £95 in the actual Doc Martens shop. Expected for there to be something wrong with them but I was wrong; they seem genuine, fit perfectly, correct colour and are just like the ones in the DM shop except considerably cheaper :D Also arrived promptly, no problems whatsoever. My third pair of Doc Martens and will definitely be looking here again for my next ones. :D
review image
on 8 July 2012
Just what I wanted. And nerly half price of that in Denmark. As a soldier I know about unconfortable shoes, those absolutely are not! I used them for 2 whole days without just a tiny blister. :-)
on 5 March 2012
Love my 1461's. Sizes run a little large. I'm usually a UK 5, but had to replace for UK 4.
on 7 September 2009
Great shoe but unfortunately the 10 UK Regular fit seems more like a 9.5 UK fit. Overall, relatively happy with the Amazon purchasing process but I'm slightly disappointed with the "small" size 10. I would have returned them If I had brought them from a local shoe shop.
on 28 June 2012
DMs as I remember them. A little stiff, but ready for bulling. Just remember, your last pair were probably old and walked in, there are no Doc's like old Doc's.
on 30 July 2010
The shoes today are a far cry from the top quality product of years gone by.

They look like plastic and dig in my heels, so all in all, I'm not impressed
on 23 January 2015
I was very dubious about whether or not I should buy these after reading the reviews, as most of them were negative, however, I ordered them anyway, and I love them! Thought it would take me weeks to wear them in, but the first time I wore them they were comfortable straight away, no blisters or anything, not even any slight rubbing. Would definitely recommend these, and I am even considering purchasing another colour.
on 23 May 2012
What a great pair of shoes. I love 'em! Firstly, I read all the reviews and knew that these were not made in the UK, nor have they been since 2003, and can say that they are well made in Thailand...very well made actually. They are a quite substantial pair of shoes that are going to take a bit of time to break in as the leather is quite thick and stiff. With the proper care, these babies should last a long time. There was a hiccup with the delivery on my end, a local courier which was not amazon's fault, that delayed delivery. These shoes fit well, sizing is accurate, are comfortable and will get more so with wear and absolutely look the part. Secondly, I liked them so much, a week later I got a pair of DMC 8053 gaucho crazy horse. "Buy a pair, you can't go wrong".
on 8 January 2014
If there is a better shoe than this then it must be hidden by some evil criminal masterminds conspiracy.
What are we paying MI5 for then?