on 22 May 2008
This is a great action/adventure novel that is very similar in style to Clive Cussler's earlier novels. The hero and his wisecracking sidekick have a great rappor, there's a spunky heroine and various arch enemies along the way trying to thwart the quest to recover a lost 'treasure'. There's lots of good old-fashioned fisticuffs, shootouts and car chases with a slight twist of the now obligatory religious element.
This edition includes an extract from the author's next book Cibola, which i can't wait to get hold of.
PS: This is published by a very small independent book company, so will not get the exposure it deserves. Please buy a copy and help to ensure good new fiction like this gets published instead of all the mass market Dan Brown copies.
on 5 January 2016
If you know anything at all about SCUBA diving this book will upset you in the first few pages.
Life is too short to waste one's time on books written by an author too lazy to conduct any research or even to verify his facts.
No diver would look to a dive watch to find how much air is left (dive computer maybe), that is what an SPG is for; holding one's nose and popping one's ears is for descent - when the pressure is increasing not ascent when it is decreasing. No mention is made of bottom time limits (which at the 'shallow' depth of 30 metres is limited to 20 minutes unless decompression is planned.
Diving back to 30 metres having surfaced, then making a rapid (swimming!) ascent is a good way to get bent.
Could not bring myself to read any more. . . .
on 31 January 2014
But did not grip me like a Matthew Reilly novel. Might attempt the next in the series but would expect a more gripping read. All the elements are there, it just did not excite me enough to want to keep reading - although I did finish it.
on 22 April 2013
A good interesting story a bit on the short side, but a solid adventure very much like Clive Cussler, Andy McDermott, style of writing. Dirk Pitt/Al Giordino , Chase/Wilde style of characters.
Liked the characters of Dane and Bones, the story it self was a good take on biblical history, so if u enjoy fantastical Indiana Jones tomb exploring,treasure hunting adventures,mythical legends etc, then read this gonna read the rest of Dane and Bones adventures as I enjoy the continuation of characters in a series
on 15 August 2014
I have read most of the books in this series and have enjoyed them all. Even thought I tend to prefer my plots and characters to be a bit more developed I can never turn down an opportunity to read another Dane Maddock book.

There is constant movement, action and adventure in exotic locations across the world.

What I think draws me to the books though are the main characters whose enjoyable friendship and humour as a central feature is in contrast to most other books in the genre.
on 5 December 2012
What a great start to what I hope will bea great series of books.a new twist on the normal religious style adventure thriller, if you like Cussler and others from his genre you'll love this the two Qin characters remind me of Dik and Al there is a feisty heroine and lots of baddies with characteristic shoot outs,chases and the rest of what you would expect. Totally recommended.
on 1 January 2014
A new author for me and one I throughly enjoyed.

I never write a synopsis for books in a review I've read just how I feel about them
I think for me Dourado started a little slowly, but by halfway through I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.
The ending was just fantastic and I've now started book two "Cibola" in the Dane Maddock series.
on 17 February 2014
I throughly enjoyed this book. It has a nice mixture of adventure, action, mystery and intrigue. The characters are great and the writing makes it easy to keep turning the page. I will definitely be reading more in this series.
on 25 January 2016
Despite there being no lack of content in this action adventure, and the writing being of a pretty good standard, somehow I was never gripped with any enthusiasm to eagerly turn the pages.
on 12 January 2016
Completely far-fetched, absurd and unbelievable but at the same time an enjoyable tale of wild adventures dating back to Biblical times when men were giants and angels roamed the earth.