This indispensable guide to multiple pregnancy, birth and beyond, comes from an expert on the subject – Emma Mahony is a twin herself as well as being the mother of twins. Humorous cartoons from the Times’ front-page cartoonist make this a lighthearted, informative guide to everything expectant mothers of twins need to know.
Twins are amazing – but multiple pregnancy and birth, not to mention coping with twins once they are born, carries a set of special fears, risks and issues. Many parents-to-be find themselves overwhelmed.
This guide is informative yet informal – in a similar vein to ‘Best Friends Guide To Pregnancy’.
The author is uniquely experienced in this subject, being a twin and also a mother of baby twins.
Contains advice from pregnancy and childcare experts as well as case studies.
Illustrated inside with humorous cartoons from Jonathan Pugh, father of two and front-page cartoonist at The Times.
An exploration of practical issues such as eating for three, managing breastfeeding, and the trend towards Caesareans for NHS twin births.
• Any special concerns? The unnecessary label of ‘high risk’ in pregnancy.
• Testimonies from mums who have tried different approaches.
• Interviews with medical and midwife experts.
• A step-by-step guide to the different stages of pregnancy and birth, including how to involve the father and explain twins to other siblings.
• Tips on managing once the twins have arrived.