on 3 December 2014
When I finished this book I went to my Facebook page and wrote, "I just finished Double Dip by Gretchen Archer and it was so good I died a little." I think this is one of those times you realize you've found a book and a series you can't live without. It's just a jaw-droppingly good experience and such a breath of fresh air. The characters are simply hilarious, Davis Way is both a smart cookie and a walking catastrophe, the casino setting nutty and fun, and Gretchen Archer simply charming as an author. She's got her thumb on what's funny and dear about people and works it. And so well plotted, so many gems throughout.
Noteworthy is that not everything Davis goes through in this book is a rollicking good time, but the author handles tough issues and funny issues equally well and Davis Way, plucky heroine, keeps plucking away throughout. I laughed and I cried. Really. Mostly laughed. I will re-read this over and over as the series grows, and every time I do I will unearth another tidbit or seven to enjoy that I missed the first time through. Thank you, Gretchen, for giving us so much to enjoy and so much to look forward to as the series evolves. A five-star win; tell your friends.
on 25 February 2014
This a light, but quite fun read. It follows on from Double Whammy. Will look out for the next one.
on 10 July 2014
Loved it- few similarities to Stephanie plum books
on 6 September 2015
Brilliant, couldn't put it down.