on 24 October 2009
Dr Dog is fantastic, all 3 of my children love the stories. Have also recommended it to many friends who also enjoy it- Highly Recommended!!!
on 29 May 2011
This book will appeal to children of all ages, and fathers in particular will enjoy reading it to their offspring, especially if they act out the parts with the aid of noise effects and peculiar voices. The story is captivating, the words are wonderful, the pictures truly memorable. In many ways the plot is completely surreal, but that's one of the main reasons why children will like it so much, because their brains haven't yet been channelled into something called 'normality'.
on 18 February 2013
Great book which is loved by my son. Very funny although not as good as the original (Dr Dog). Always good to get an unsusspecting grandparent to read out loud.
on 21 May 2015
Gross, even by kids standards.
on 28 October 2011
Love the concept of dr dog but my daughter didn't like the story! Exploding pus from bottom boils not really her thing.
on 24 March 2013
Babette Cole entertains us again. My two year old loves it over and over and over again!! We do too actually!
on 3 April 2010
The book was well received by groups of small children on numerous occasions. It's humerous & informative.
on 8 August 2013
Now, this book is for the anal retentive, in who's world normal people have no place to live and dogs are the better human beings.
Why should I put the fear of god into my child about things that often are inevitable in a healthy childhood?
Yeah right, babies should never put anything into their mouths..., girls never play with each other's hair,
and if your brothers or parents eat or smoke, they are almost dead already.
What a condescending book, full of the misanthropy of the author.

Had to read it to my daughter once, because one can simply not stop half way through a "children's story",
but today, it goes straight into the bin!
on 17 November 2014
We enjoyed it, but not as good as the original Dr. Dog!
on 23 September 2014
No child could not love this book