Don't Kill Snails with Salt 4

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 726-750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2014 15:20:13 GMT
Happy March, everysnail! I hope all are well.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2014 16:32:45 GMT
Happy March and A good Welsh word for st David (Dewi Sant)
Dydd Da a Cariad which is Good Day my darling

Love to everysnail

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 23:29:50 GMT
The start of spring she says hopefully!!

Keep warm Snails

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 09:08:42 GMT
Here is one little Snailio who is not going out very often it is cold - temperature is low - bills are up - we are warm - and we at Chateau Wilson wish well to Everysnail - so glide on! The cold will pass - everything does -

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2014 20:42:04 GMT
We have sun! The temperature is almost 0C. The giant snow banks are slowly shrinking.
I went to see The Monuments Men last weekend. I enjoyed it a lot. I hate Nazis.
The birds are chirping in the sunshine as they hop around the feeders. It's very cheerful. I hope everysnail is well.

Posted on 8 Mar 2014 22:23:23 GMT
It`s stopped raining here Grach & the temps today & tomorrow are 12 degrees C with sunshine & only going down to 7 at night ... I think it`s what they call spring!! ... :) .. I`ve been moving hay & then gardening all day & am exhausted ... but you gotta make hay while the sun shines as they say!!

Enjoy your Sunday Snails ... I don`t think mine is going to be very restful!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2014 23:49:29 GMT
We are still having temps in the low 40'sF. Thawing has commenced. I haven't seen a robin yet. I hope your weather holds. Making hay while the sun shines is important. :-)
It'll be weeks before our farmers start field work. The frost line is 5 feet down.
Take care allsnails. Hope for a Potter sequel. I am.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 05:45:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2014 05:46:26 GMT
Well Hi Grach - I am an early bird it is just turned half past five - Patti Time = and the sky is still as black as a monkey's armpit but hmm I think a cup of coffee will set my little world to rights. We had no snow this winter and personally I feel a trifle cheated of it.
In the park - just near by - we have the squirrels and maggies getting active - crows too and some starlings and sparrows - down where someone installed a basket ball stand people are throwing food for the critters and I might have taken a few "critter-snaps" - I shall take that darned camera next time

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2014 20:56:02 GMT
I finally got new wiper blades on the Jeep. This has been a difficult winter for poor Clarkson. Now I need an oil change. Magnum needs his rabies vaccine. He never minds it, his vet gives him cookies.
The snow is melting slowly. I hope the trend continues as basements will flood otherwise.
I borrowed Miss Marple mysteries from the library. Such fun! It's such a treat to see good programmes and wonderful actors.
That's my week. How are the rest of my snails? I hope all are well. Marion's farm work goes well, doggies, kitties, and ponies all thriving. Patti's projects going well. Paul's writing flowing along with ease.
Stay snug everysnail!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2014 22:10:42 GMT
I have seen a few actors as "Aunt Jane" - but Joan Hickson was the definitive Miss Marple for me
Who is Magnum's vet - my flu jab hurts so - and I never have a cookie - Patti's Projects are doing well - got caught up in on-line gaming I am building villages and spending gold like a Roman - which - in the game - I AM - my bestest buddy - in Chief - is our "dear leader" and as Romans - we get attacked by Gauls - they are a rowdy lot - and the odd Viking or two - who actually are mostly odd they do not have the Roman spirit nor our strategy - but there you go - you cannot have it ALL
Love and best wishes to all snails - stay fit and warm -
Glide on Brothers and Sisters in the Shell

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2014 13:02:22 GMT
Partly sunny here. Highs in the low 40sF. the starlings are back. phaugh. The melting continues. Our driveway is mud and ice. Hubby 'wipes' his boots but to no avail. "shrugs, waves hands in the air like I just don't care" Eight muddy dog feet also make the floor fabulous. Ah well.
Patti, Magnum's vet is named Gloria, and if you don't bite or pee on the floor, you'll get a cookie. (giggle). Roman conquerer? Well done you! My family were the Vikings. And the Irish. And a few French rebels. Sometimes winning, sometimes losing, sometimes running like frightened cats. :-) I truly stink at games of strategy.
Stay dry my snails!

Posted on 17 Mar 2014 11:30:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Mar 2014 11:32:05 GMT
P. Cobb says:
Morning ladies. Unbleievable change in the weather here; no wind, clear blue skies and temperatures of +19°C.
Glorious day yesterday for the Birmingham St Paddy's Day procession. Some nice little snapshots like a little dog on a lead wearing a green/white/gold garland, a baby wearing a micro leprechaun hat on a headband that resembled a furry dummy (pacifier), an elderly man wearing a large hat that had empty beer cans hanging from its brim like an Aussie hat of corks - and a sign saying "My name is Raymond and I'm looking for a girlfriend who won't spend all my money and who won't demand too much s*x." Loads of marching bands, schools of Irish Dance, antique tractors, antique motor scooters/bikes, Chinese dragons, Indian Bhangra and loads of floats with foot-tapping Irish jig music.

After it was over, we strolled round the few stalls in side streets. Best was a marquee by an organisation known as the Animal Man, who take reptiles etc into schools for hands-on experiences. We ended up holding a bearded dragon and blue tongued skink from Oz, I had a corn snake wrapped around my neck - the thing started to squeeze my neck and disappeared under my arm and round the inside of my jacket. We had a chameleon and rose tarantula, but I stopped short of cuddling a skunk as wasn't sure if it had been de-glanded!

Funny part was when a couple dressed in mediaeval costume came to the marquee carrying realistic dragon puppets, and then introduced them to the real reptiles! Even a copper asked for a photo with the corn snake round his neck, but the Animal Man then left him there with it to eventually try removing himself. Another copper was walking round with a tall green hat and fake ginger leprechaun beard!

It seems quiet today in comparison.

Posted on 17 Mar 2014 11:53:41 GMT
Well Well Paul - after that - Golly #!!~ any thing would be quiet
I imagine they had something like that in Liverpool - but it is
relatively cold here in the Nor' West - 8 - 9 so I do not see me
moving out - but that must have been an enjoyable day

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2014 20:31:58 GMT
The Shamrock Club has changed the signs for New London to New Dublin today. the week's madness has commenced. Food, drink, events start today. The parade is Saturday. Hannah and I are attending Kitsune Kon instead. Hannah is dressing as Tauriel the elf and I as a generic Hobbit. Kind of Bilbo-esque. We have costume store ears and toy swords.
I'd have liked the fella with the beer can hat. He'd fit in New London's festivities perfectly. Our weather has improved slightly. Slightly.
Stay snug everysnail!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014 21:58:22 GMT
Beautiful weather here too , but we`ve been warned it`ll all end in tears by Friday , so make the most of it !! Lovely that it was so good for St Paddy`s Day too ... the Irish have had a really good week ... a first in the Cheltenham Gold Cup & the Triple Crown for Rugby followed by St Patricks Day!
Looks like you had a great parade & carnival Paul... I spent the weekend trying to repair the garden after the deluge ! The weeds are growing apace now!... :(

Your Hobbit fest looks good Grach wish I could apperate over

I wrote a "tabloid" report the other day , but chickened out of publishing it. It was regarding the missing airliner, but I thought I`d better not write it in case they do find it crashed somewhere... I might put it in when it`s all resolved !

Stay in & keep warm Patti you`ve got a bit of possible snow by Friday... I checked the bees on Sunday ...they seem to be thriving well, but gave them another cake of fondant to keep them going ... good thing I did if the predictions are correct.

Fingers crossed Snails ... summer`s coming soon!

Posted on 18 Mar 2014 22:40:49 GMT
I wrote a "tabloid" report the other day , but chickened out of publishing it. It was regarding the missing airliner, but I thought I`d better not write it in case they do find it crashed somewhere... I might put it in when it`s all resolved !
I too have my doubts - that are evidently similar to your'n dear Mary-Ann would you care to swap with me - Summer - surely on it's way - we are getting the occasional Double digit - temperature-wise - hey - perhaps it is Spring after all

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2014 13:18:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Mar 2014 23:21:02 GMT
D'ya think Voldemort or the Weasleys are responsible for the plane's disappearance? I have wondered. Perhaps the location has been made unplottable.
I am howling my way through I Was a Male War Bride. Watching it snow again.

Pssst. Email the airplane tabloid. I'd love a giggle. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2014 02:02:17 BDT
The temp has actually gone above freezing. We still have large snowbanks but can see bare grass. And mud. Lots of mud.
I hope all are well and enjoying spring. I watched HP&PS. Our Harry, Ron, Hermione were so young.

Posted on 30 Mar 2014 02:41:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Mar 2014 02:43:16 BDT
P. Cobb says:
...and Dumbledore looked strangely different...

Mothering Sunday here, and also the start of British Summertime. Aaargh, when will I get that lost hour's sleep back?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2014 17:52:42 BDT
Happy Mother's and Mother figures' Day!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2014 18:53:47 BDT
Aww Sweet - I am a "Mother-Figure" to my God-Son's wife,
the girl who calls me 'Ma because it is not respectful to use
an Elder's personal name - being a God-Mother is Fancy !!
I just love it and being half Italian - sure !! Has something
to do with it. Sono una Padrina (I am Godmother)

Posted on 31 Mar 2014 21:09:46 BDT
Toby`s 3rd birthday today ... where does the time go!! He`s had a workshop built on a mound in the garden from his mum & dad, His other grandparents bought him a lawnmower & David & I bought him a strimmer & chainsaw with hat & goggles , so if anyone needs a bit of garden maintainence I`m contracting him out at £20.00 /hour ... ;)

Glad you all liked the "tabloid" .... probably just as well not to publish it yet though ...

I know all about mud Grach ... with a dog & 2 cats & the workmen digging foundations to the conservatory outside the back door!! Could do with wall to wall sun until the end of May!!

Must be off.... I`ve had orders to crochet another blanket for the new baby as Toby refuses to give his up !!

Hope all is well with Allsnails

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2014 02:24:11 BDT
Happy birthday Toby!
Happy birthday Gred and Forge!

Posted on 2 Apr 2014 13:31:32 BDT
Toby's Birthday - Aww Happy Birthday to you Sweetheart
Love and hugs
Patti

Posted on 2 Apr 2014 22:59:56 BDT
Toby says thankyou ... :) ....
so do Gred & Forge.... :D
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  1127
Initial post:  24 Mar 2012
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Illustrations by Mary GrandPre. Rowling (Hardcover - 2007)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,300)