Don't Kill Snails with Salt 4

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 14:15:00 BDT
Hi M-A i thought that but there are a lot of thread overthere and somebody mentioned that they couldn't download the UK versions, i don't know why that would be an issue though.

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 15:13:47 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Not really, LMA, but acutely aware of boring the pants off people on here.

They wanted to kick her out Friday gone; bro complained, so delayed until today. Yesterday she was suffering low blood sugars so I think it has been delayed further. Won't get an update until I go later - hospital seem to have an aversion to ringing me to keep me in the picture. Care Agencies and Dist Nurses were geared up, then postponed. I did a whole pile of shopping for her on Fri; some of this may end up going to waste now.
Staff were concerned about her yesterday. Being discharged into a solitary life doesn't seem like the best option at present, but she doesn't wish a care home.
Chilly out, isn't it. Warmer when you put it away again...

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:22:25 BDT
wayhey weird weather. thunderstorms today. temp in the low teens C. lawn needs mowing. grrr.

P.Cobb-I hope your mom's hospital pulls it together and gives her better care. blood sugars can be tricky to manage-just ask my hubby. is there an assisted-living facility nearby? it's like efficiency apartments where an elderly couple can stay together, but has nursing staff to help with medications if needed, wound care. less intrusive than a nursing home, but more care than in home, daily check-in.

rereading OOP. i do so hate Umbridge.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 09:27:30 BDT
i'm begining to wonder if we don't live in a crazy world. Yesterday did nothing but snow and now today we have glorious sunshine - weird or what?

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 11:39:23 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Well, weather forecasts here were quite accurate. This am we've got fence-bending winds, it's brrrr, and we've got snow - or at least it's trying to - more sleet like at present, flying in the billowing winds.

Have ordered the tear-jerking 'Mum's List' for wifey, so no 2 son can give it to her for Easter. She's not a big reader, but hopefully that should keep her hooked judging by reviews I've read.

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 11:58:02 BDT
Here in the North West - where the winds blow briskly up the Mersey = we are now 5 degrees - it was down to 2 during the night - well - I'm not going anywhere - that's for sure - got a cold anyway - Sending love to all and muffling a sneeze because I do not want to pass on my cold

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 13:37:49 BDT
P. Cobb says:
The Doc in Sheffield says it is snowing thick and fast there. She due to return home tomorrow. Weather or not she still does is in the hands of the arctic winds and the pesky precipitation.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 15:21:55 BDT
Leeds has lots of snow apparently

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2012 00:17:48 BDT
our county trucks have taken the plows off. farmers are eyeballing the fields, the walleye are running. you have our weather! this is late April weather. you have ours.
i hope everyone's travels are safe. freezing rain is a bugger. P.C., is your mum going to get home care? i hope the docs are paying attention.
i still hate Umbridge

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2012 10:07:33 BDT
Granny we ALL hate umbridge!

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 10:54:19 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Grach:

Care will start when she returns (if ever she does!). Currently, too much heart meds have caused toxicity - they trying to remedy it. Though now, she is getting lots of pressure for her to vacate her single room and to be put into a 4-bed wardette. She is standing her ground, though, and telling them she is happy where she is. If she can get stroppy with me, she is more than able to tell them where to go!

Meanwhile, I've had to tape rugs down to carpet to be less of a trip hazard in her flat. Food I bought last Friday in anticipation of discharge will be useless!

Maundy Thursday...might be having my annual foot wash this evening! ;0)

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 11:35:10 BDT
Paul - your Mother bless her dear heart, is in my prayers and best thoughts - she should stand her ground - I only wish I could be there - to say "You hear the lady - now leave her alone" - or else to her "That's it Sweetheart - you tell them"
I do not think that happens any more you get given a couple of half-crowns and a flannel and a bar of Pears Soap - I am not bothering - not this year - last year the water was near cold.

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 12:06:27 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Apr 2012 12:07:38 BDT
P. Cobb says:
"last year the water was near cold"

:0)

No, it's a symbolic gesture by our minister - he has to wash the feet of a few men (à la Last Supper), and I've volunteered the past few years. Weeell, the right foot needs a wash at least once a year, whether it needs it or not...

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2012 13:21:12 BDT
P. Cobb - good on your mother for standing her ground. Hopefully she will be able to return to home soon

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 13:40:21 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Here's hoping, Lil! Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2012 17:43:05 BDT
Yes PC ...here`s hoping you mum sticks to her guns , it`s much better to have you own room... although I will say when having my new hip I had a room to myself, but there was a prisoner with his guards in the next room, & it sounded like there was a party going on every night!
Weathe down here hasn`t been bad... just a bit cold & about half an hour`s rain last night, ... a bit cloudy today but up `til then bright sunshine.

Hope your cold`s soon better Patti

Have you been to see the pandas yet, Lil?

Grach ... looks like you & me have springtime sussed... :) ... we`re a bit short of water though down here

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2012 10:17:56 BDT
M-A, we haven't been to see the panda's yet. That is a plan for the summer :) Looking forward to it and will hopefully get loads of photos.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2012 23:05:20 BDT
you have pandas? In a preserve? as opposed to the Italian car. :)

hubby mowed lawn today. earliest I've ever seen. Usually not needed until May. we've had some freezes since the big thaw. the Wolf River is still at spring stage, not near flood stage, but higher than summer. the walleye and sturgeon have spawned or are in the process. as long as the water stays higher, there may be a reasonable amount of littles so a number of them will be eaten by biggies and hopefully some live to swim another day.

tell your mum to "Stand your ground!" and hold out in her private room. Drug dosages can be tricky for diabetics as they metabolize meds differently.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2012 10:56:38 BDT
Granny - Edinburgh Zoo has 2 giant panda's. They were flowen in from China earlier in the year. We are going to wait until the summer before going to see them.

Posted on 8 Apr 2012 13:28:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Apr 2012 13:28:50 BDT
P. Cobb says:
And they have been encouraged to 'get it oannn'. With cameras scrutinising their every move, it has been described as panda p o r n, but the critturs weren't cooperating! The she-male is only in season for about one x 36-hour spell every 12 months.

Happy Easter one and all

[\_/]
[='.':]
["]-["]

Posted on 8 Apr 2012 14:03:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Apr 2012 14:04:07 BDT
If only Humans were very much the same - it would be the answer to overcrowding - now the Devil did make me write that - and how do you interpret the little picture

Posted on 8 Apr 2012 16:32:42 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Easter bunny?

Posted on 8 Apr 2012 18:15:56 BDT
Oh - for goodness sakes - I kind of sat back and looked again - slightly crossing my eyes aND - so help me he Hopped !!! - Dat is a wittle Wabbit Elmer wikes Wabbits

Posted on 8 Apr 2012 21:18:52 BDT
P. Cobb says:
...and wabbit pie!

;0)

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2012 09:31:30 BDT
it's Wabbit season
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  1023
Initial post:  24 Mar 2012
Latest post:  9 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Illustrations by Mary GrandPre. Rowling (Hardcover - 2007)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,196)